Changing lines on dual tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips or tricks for doing this?

A regular wrench will not fit due to the faucets being too close together.

Mine have the hose clamp too, but they are attached to the shank and angled tail piece.

Cannot reach without taking it apart.

I had an absolute ***** of a time putting mine together. The only way I found to tighten/loosen those damn things was to use needle nosed pliers and just force it. If you put enough pressure on them the teeth will have enough traction for you to turn the nut.

I never. Ever. want to have to change my beer lines.

You can unscrew the nut by holding a chisel on the edge of the nut and hitting it with a hammer, and spinning it off that way. Or buy the special wrench they make for this purpose.

JRems said:
You can unscrew the nut by holding a chisel on the edge of the nut and hitting it with a hammer, and spinning it off that way. Or buy the special wrench they make for this purpose.

Do you maybe have a link to a wrench like that? I've never seen one!

I also use needle nose pliers. They work pretty well if you have a good grip. You just need to break the nut loose then you should be able to take it off by hand.

The complicated part is putting it back together. You have to plan several steps ahead or you might find yourself taking it apart again.

Don't worry, you're not the first one to be frustrated by this. I might have to plan ahead and buy that special wrench for next time. The problem with brewing is there are always so many cool tools to buy. Gets expensive.

I received an email from Ben @ kegconnection.

He informed me the tool in questions was pretty much designed for this purpose.

Looks like I found my next purchase.

Buy a 1 and 1/16th (forgive the terminology) 'round end' wrench, you know what I mean...and dremel cut a section from it so the round end that has all the wrenchy knobby thingies on it becomes a "C" shape, instead of an "O" shape. You can then fit that over your lines and snug it right around the nut. Buy the cheapest wrench available, and take your time cutting, it took a while ;)

Works though, so long as you have the 1/8 inch room beside the nuts to snug up the wrench. There is a thread showing it, I did it, worked great, can't find it currently...

Back