American IPA Purring Kitten Session IPA - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > American IPA Purring Kitten Session IPA

Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #31
tominator
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I love it!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #32
beerandloathinginaustin
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Temecula, California
Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBC View Post
Brewing up a small batch version of this today. Had to make a few mods though. Using flaked wheat instead of white wheat, Chinook instead of Columbus for bittering, and more FF for the Columbus dry-hop addition. The combination of Nelson Sauvin and FF smells amazing!

Our cat has started biting my ankles recently, so this brew will be dubbed Ankle-biter IPA.
I approve of all those modifications. Should be good!

tominator Likes This 
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #33
Option

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Lakewood, Colorado
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Brewed this today. Hbs didn't have Nelson so I subbed bravo. Also couldn't get the Bedford yeast so used London ale yeast instead. Brewed this for a Memorial Day BBQ for work, with the combo of hops I think it will be awesome. Just curious of how the color and clarity will turn out because of my greatness I forgot to turn on the water for my chiller until about half way through. The fermenter has a crazy cold break seperation going on from half the wort bring chilled a lot and half not. Sounds like a great brew though!

Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #34
beerandloathinginaustin
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Temecula, California

I shot high on the priming sugar to turn the beer around quickly for the contest btw.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #35
BGBC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Jersey City, NJ
Liked 1559 Times on 1053 Posts

Just wanted to report back on this. Cracked my first bottle from this batch over the weekend. 3 weeks in the bottle and it was delicious! Might be my favorite beer I've brewed so far.

Wish I had tried one earlier. Thanks for the great recipe!
Bottled/Drinking: Apfelwein, Vanilla Rhubarb Mead, Evolution of Funk (Vol's 1-4), Long Story Short...Quad, BRB Melomel, Fluffy Pantaloons (100% Wheat), Funky Pantaloons (100% Brett), Funky Jersey Weisse, Petite Farmhouse (TYB), Riviere Rouge Flanders Red, Frankencyser, Fuzzy Math (golden sour w/ peaches), Wild Cider ('14), Unseasonably Pale v2
Primary/Secondary: Evolution of Funk (Brett Saison solera), Lion Cut Kriek, Bochet Mead, Wild Cranberry Cider ('15), Dirty Dozen Mead, Farmhouse Cyser

People Like This 
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #36
BGBC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Jersey City, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBC
Might be my favorite beer I've brewed so far.
Apparently others agreed. Entered this beer in my first comp and it was selected for the final round (top 30 out of 100+). Thanks again for the recipe. You can bring any beer to the final round, but this one's on my short list to brew again for it.
Bottled/Drinking: Apfelwein, Vanilla Rhubarb Mead, Evolution of Funk (Vol's 1-4), Long Story Short...Quad, BRB Melomel, Fluffy Pantaloons (100% Wheat), Funky Pantaloons (100% Brett), Funky Jersey Weisse, Petite Farmhouse (TYB), Riviere Rouge Flanders Red, Frankencyser, Fuzzy Math (golden sour w/ peaches), Wild Cider ('14), Unseasonably Pale v2
Primary/Secondary: Evolution of Funk (Brett Saison solera), Lion Cut Kriek, Bochet Mead, Wild Cranberry Cider ('15), Dirty Dozen Mead, Farmhouse Cyser

Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #37
BGBC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Jersey City, NJ

Picked up the score sheets today, not a BJCP event, but scored a 33/50. Comments: "Slightly overcarbonated for the style, cloudy, good hop aroma, grassy and dank. No off flavors."

People Like This 
Old 06-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #38
beerandloathinginaustin
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Temecula, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBC View Post
Picked up the score sheets today, not a BJCP event, but scored a 33/50. Comments: "Slightly overcarbonated for the style, cloudy, good hop aroma, grassy and dank. No off flavors."
Sounds like you brewed it well. May need a longer cold crash. I love having a beer like this around because you can always have a couple to get your hop fix and wake up the next day feeling solid.

BGBC Likes This 
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #39
tominator
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

i have another version fermenting right now, using rye and honey malts instead of wheat and aromatic, and is loaded with citra and columbus (dryhopping today!) this one is dubbed Rye Kittens. tapping in 2 weeks!

beerandloathinginaustin Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #40
Dolomieu
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Liked 103 Times on 87 Posts

Doing this with citra instead of NS, as I couldn't find any. Every thing else is the same.

tominator Likes This