I previously brewed extract. The Cream ale I doughed in at 154, temp dropped to 148.8 so I added heat until I got to 150.4. I covered the kettle with a sleeping bag and walked away for an hour. Upon returning the temp was 146. I ferment in a temp controlled refrigerator. I had the temp set at 63 but fermentation didn't start so on the second day I raised it to 67. Finally had signs of fermentation after about 2.5 days. OG 1.041 FG 1.006.
The Blonde ale I doughed in at 154.7, temp dropped to 152. This time I didn't use the sleeping bag. I let it sit for an hour and tested for conversion. I pitched a 1 L starter of Wy1450 that was on a stir plate for 24 hrs and cold crashed for 24 hrs. I cold pitched and had airlock activity after 4.5 hours. Fermented at 65. I forgot to take OG but FG was 1.005.
Both batches used filtered (under sink carbon unit) municipal water. My water companies report doesn't give me much to work with so I don't know my total alkalinity.
Here is a link to it.