What the heck skin ailment did I have - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What the heck skin ailment did I have

Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

Oh man water lice that could be, I have hiked through open creekbeds quite often. Hm now that I think about this, one of the first time I noticed this problem was like 15 years ago days after hiking fairly deeply through this waterway ...
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0504.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	79177  

Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Hmmm, I was leaning towards chiggers after seeing you walked through tall grasses, but if it's happened before after walking in water, it may be from that. I've only heard of lice in lakes, but I don't see why they wouldn't be in creeks too. Looks like a gorgeous place to go hiking, BTW.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Thanks, yes that place is magical, absolutely unreal, especially when the leaves turn in the fall. It's a big state land area, one of my favorite places.

Oh crap now the google ads are showing me 'do you have MS?' Google now has me branded for life.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
stamandster
Recipes 

Jun 2011
springfield, ma
Liked 54 Times on 45 Posts

i was thinking they looked like bug bites too. My legs looks like that after a flea invasion we had a couple years back.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
rgarry
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Naples, Florida
Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

Looks like bits of some kind. If it was water lice it should go away and not come back.

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

AGUHH it's back, at least the burning/itching. It's my legs, the backs of my knees and my forearms and a little on my chest. I've promised myself digging/scratching is no longer allowed. So I'm slathering more well fermented kombucha on anywhere it itches. It works but it takes about 15 minutes to kick in. And it smells something roughly akin to what I imagine moose urine smells like but it dissipates quickly. Hm I wonder if the itching part might be some allergic thing.

My parents had a major flea infestation over the summer (they're elderly and have cats/dogs) that it took me a few months to get under control with Advantage, I know I got bit some from those but I was careful to make sure I didn't bring those fleas into my own home.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #17
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

MAHH now whatever it is, is attempting to burrow into the front of my neck. That's a first. I think it was put off by the slathering of well fermented kombucha everwhere else it was trying to burrow in. So the neck just got slathered too, almost immediate relief. But where will they try next.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #18
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Liked 2041 Times on 1774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73
MAHH now whatever it is, is attempting to burrow into the front of my neck. That's a first. I think it was put off by the slathering of well fermented kombucha everwhere else it was trying to burrow in. So the neck just got slathered too, almost immediate relief. But where will they try next.
Duuuude. Looks like bug bites. Take some Benadryl. Do you have carpets in your house? Don't underestimate those crazy fleas. Pour salt all over the carpet, vacuum it up in two days.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #19
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Thanks man, it's something alright, yes there is some carpeting in here, some extremely old some no so old. I may pour salt on the carpets and just leave it there. The kombucha works well, I put it wherever I feel them burrowing in and it takes care of it in about 15 minutes, but they often try another location, I guess until I'm completely covered in kombucha and there is no place else left to try. Damn if that doesn't all sound weird but that's the way it's playing out.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #20
Fat_Bastard
Recipes 

Dec 2010
central coast, california
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

psoriasis