Hey everyone! After much research (and lots of craft beers) on this site and reading John Palmers How to Brew, I feel pretty confident Im ready for my first homebrew. I have a few questions but will keep it simple for my first post
I think I have almost everything needed to do my first extract brew with specialty grains. Below is the list of supplies I have (except ingredients of course). Anything I'm missing?
Any suggestions etc would be great! Thought I read a thread which had a similar questions but cant seem to locate it.
I plan on doing mostly 2.5 gal brews but should have enough space between two 3 gal carboys and my mini fridge for 5 gal in the future if I decide to.
- 5 gal Stainless kettle
- Auto siphon and 10' of tubing
- 6.5 gal food grade bucket with lid
- (2) 3 gal Better Bottles for fermenting, secondary etc
- Bungs and 3 piece airlocks
- Test jar and hydrometer
- Digital scale
- Digital thermometer
- Star San
- Bottles, Bottle brush, bottle filler, caps and capper
- Temps move around a lot in my house so I have a mini fridge that fits two 3 gal better bottle carboys side by side. Digital two stage temp control setup for heating or cooling to keep within 1 degree of set temp.
- Basic kitchen utensils, measuring cups blah blah blah
- Beer in fridge
PS: This site is great. You all give great information and I have been learning a ton. Thank you!