WTF is a honey boo boo? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > WTF is a honey boo boo?

Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 AM   #31
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9085 Times on 7229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I think the eventual destination of reality shows is going to be people literally killing each other for the publics entertainment. When you think about it, it has to lead there. And the ratings would be off the charts. Kind of like a gladiator version of American Idol.
That's why the movie "The Running Man" was ahead of its time.

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #32
Goofynewfie
Recipes 

May 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Liked 314 Times on 207 Posts

my wife watches that show sometimes, they like to eat" sgetti with butter and ketchup"

Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #33
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Montana
Liked 2596 Times on 1434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok View Post
My wife and I got rid of television like 5 or 6 years ago. It has been one of the greatest decisions we ever made. We have more time in our day, do more productive hobbies (like make booze!), and do not really miss television one bit. The only drawback is that occasionally when I hear a lot of "news" about something television related, I have no idea what its all about and have to ask things like...

"WTF is a honey boo boo?"
A 7 year old hillbilly girl & her family behaving badly for a "reality" show. Reportedly the 7yo is paid $40K/episode, the other family members are paid less. The fact that they're paid at all, or even allowed to be on TV (other than as news) is simply appalling. Apparently the show appeals to the lowest common denominator, as does most (but not all) television. Think I'll donate to PBS now.
Regards, GF.

People Like This 
Old 10-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #34
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

The commercials for the show are kind of amusing. They take a redneck 7 year old, give her "gogo juice" a mix of Red Bull and Mountain Dew, and film what happens. The result, in small small doses, is pretty funny. I have never been able to stomach the idea of sitting through an episode.

Listen, I think reality tv has done some good things. On MasterChef, for example, a vision impaired contestant was able to win without using any unfair advantages. Thats a first. Little People Big World was interesting in how uninteresting it was, basically proving that little people are drearily normal. But why we as a nation continue to provide viewership for shows in which nothing really happens, no skill or formerly underrepresented group is showcased, and the "stars" behave poorly, I will never know.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #35
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 314 Times on 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
They take a redneck 7 year old, give her "gogo juice" a mix of Red Bull and Mountain Dew, and film what happens.
Wow... pump a 7 year old full of mountain dew and red bull. I foresee an early death and uproar in the near future.

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
stamandster
Recipes 

Jun 2011
springfield, ma
Liked 60 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofynewfie View Post
my wife watches that show sometimes, they like to eat" sgetti with butter and ketchup"
Dude that's the best thing evar! Don't knock it till you try it

Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #37
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2012
Elgin, ND
Liked 336 Times on 323 Posts

I never really know what to say when someone says "OMG! Did you see XXXXXX last night! It was the best. Episode. Eva!" When I say we don't have cable and don't really watch TV they can't believe it. We have a 3 year old so sitting and watching TV just doesn't work. If we want to watch something we rent a movie. I can still watch the football games (GO Bison!) and that works for me. I had to decide if I wanted to pay for cable or pay for smart phones. The phones won. I spend too much time on my phone, but that is a different issue.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #38
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3201 Times on 1889 Posts

I'm sitting here denigrating this show...while at the same time watching the latest episode of "Duck Dynasty" on Hulu.....*sigh*

But I just love the Redneck Philosophy....and their wives are kinda hot.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2350 Times on 2257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok View Post
Wow... pump a 7 year old full of mountain dew and red bull. I foresee an early death and uproar in the near future.
An early death is inevitable. Look at the mom. It's not like they are a "healthy" family. I have seen this show once. I can tell you that it's spin-off of "Toddler's and Tiara's". For the record, I don't watch any of this crap but have flipped by it and my wife has watched an episode or two. It really is funny in very small doses.

Now, as a father of 3 girls, I think it is horrific to dress your small child up like a whore and parade her around. Even worse than that are the mothers that are trying so hard to live vicariously through said girls. And even worse than that, are the way these little girls act. If my kids EVER talked to me the way I have seen some on these girls talk to their parents, they wouldn't be able to sit for a week.

Reality TV is terrible and is a huge factor in the Idiocracy (go away, I'm batin') that is taking over America. When Paris Hilton and the Kardashian's are famous for no other reason than a stupid TV show, we are doomed.

One last thing, I am attending a Halloween party in a couple of weeks. I am going as Honey Boo Boo. My wife has been making my bloomers and tutu for the last few days. I am gonna look awesome!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #40
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing

An early death is inevitable. Look at the mom. It's not like they are a "healthy" family. I have seen this show once. I can tell you that it's spin-off of "Toddler's and Tiara's". For the record, I don't watch any of this crap but have flipped by it and my wife has watched an episode or two. It really is funny in very small doses.

Now, as a father of 3 girls, I think it is horrific to dress your small child up like a whore and parade her around. Even worse than that are the mothers that are trying so hard to live vicariously through said girls. And even worse than that, are the way these little girls act. If my kids EVER talked to me the way I have seen some on these girls talk to their parents, they wouldn't be able to sit for a week.

Reality TV is terrible and is a huge factor in the Idiocracy (go away, I'm batin') that is taking over America. When Paris Hilton and the Kardashian's are famous for no other reason than a stupid TV show, we are doomed.

One last thing, I am attending a Halloween party in a couple of weeks. I am going as Honey Boo Boo. My wife has been making my bloomers and tutu for the last few days. I am gonna look awesome!
You were doing good till the end there chief.