WTF is a honey boo boo? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > WTF is a honey boo boo?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

My wife and I got rid of television like 5 or 6 years ago. It has been one of the greatest decisions we ever made. We have more time in our day, do more productive hobbies (like make booze!), and do not really miss television one bit. The only drawback is that occasionally when I hear a lot of "news" about something television related, I have no idea what its all about and have to ask things like...

"WTF is a honey boo boo?"

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Halbrust
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Upland, CA
Liked 68 Times on 55 Posts

You'd better redneckagnize!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Never heard of it. I googled and this is what I found.

Quote:

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a reality television program on TLC that features beauty pageant participant Alana Thompson (Honey Boo Boo), along with her mother June Shannon, father Mike Thompson and her three older sisters. The show is mostly filmed in and around the family's hometown in rural McIntyre, Georgia, United States, a town in Middle Georgia east of Macon.

The Thompsons originally gained fame appearing on TLC’s Toddlers & Tiaras, which follows the lives of child beauty pageant contestants and their families.[1]

Sounds like some stupid piece of reality tv nonsense. And that Jon Benet Ramsey and the creepiness of child beauty pageants have been forgotten.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

Holy crap. Googled it and pulled up a picture of the mom....

That is the mother of a beauty contestant? Talk about living vicariously...

EoinMag Likes This 
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok View Post
Holy crap. Googled it and pulled up a picture of the mom....

That is the mother of a beauty contestant? Talk about living vicariously...
Holy mother of god!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Thanks for that.

We're gonna need this aplenty now.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

People Like This 
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

And Data had to quote the image so we have to see it twice?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

My Eyes! My Eyes!
SSBN 641 B

Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
stevo155
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Derry, NH
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts

Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
mb82
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Charlottesville, Va
Liked 70 Times on 59 Posts

Proof of what is wrong with the entire world. Yeah it is so bad that something in the US has ruined everything.