Hog Slaughter and Smoke at My place. HBT people invited - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Hog Slaughter and Smoke at My place. HBT people invited

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #51
adamjackson
 
adamjackson's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Canaan New Hampshire, NH
Posts: 735
Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by estricklin View Post
Oh I'd love to go but...where the hell is New Hampshire???
LOL...Google 03741. That's me. Our town has less then 4,000 residents. Very small! No zoning, no tax, no police, no fire...it's pretty basic. We have "peacekeepers" but that's it.

Come on up!
__________________
I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #52
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Just for the record I didn't buy it for a second. Some of the members just haven't picked up yet on what a colon you are
Go fork yourself, BB. Preferably with a splintered wooden spoon!

For the record, I don't buy that you didn't buy it. I know you were secretly full of sorrow for me.
And yes, more members should know this, I am a total d!ck. I try to warn them with my tagline (<---over there), but I think they mistake it for a clever home brew reference.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

bottlebomber Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #53
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77

Go fork yourself, BB. Preferably with a splintered wooden spoon!

For the record, I don't buy that you didn't buy it. I know you were secretly full of sorrow for me.
And yes, more members should know this, I am a total d!ck. I try to warn them with my tagline (<---over there), but I think they mistake it for a clever home brew reference.
Nope, not one second we both know you don't know a soul in Sacramento. Does it have to be a spoon? My wife always wants to spoon, but I just wanna fork

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #54
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Nope, not one second we both know you don't know a soul in Sacramento. Does it have to be a spoon? My wife always wants to spoon, but I just wanna fork
You're right, all my friends are a bit north, northwest of there, along the coast..
And buddy, are you aware of the spork? Classic move. Highly recommended.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #55
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77

You're right, all my friends are a bit north, northeast of there, along the coast..
And buddy, are you aware of the spork? Classic move. Highly recommended.
Lol!! The spork. An instant classic.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #56
jfr1111
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Quebec, Quebec
Posts: 1,633
Liked 67 Times on 58 Posts


Man, we don't have the same definition of cabin

It's 7 hours away, but I might just take the offer... Get up at 5 am, I'm there at noon if there isn't too much hassle at the border. Tempting.

Do we have to give you a yes or no answer before a certain date ? I do have a tent and everything, so no need for sleeping arrangements if need be.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #57
AMonkey
Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
AMonkey's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Elgin, ND
Posts: 1,447
Liked 336 Times on 323 Posts


Wowza! I think I know where my next vacation might be!

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #58
adamjackson
 
adamjackson's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Canaan New Hampshire, NH
Posts: 735
Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jfr1111 View Post
Man, we don't have the same definition of cabin

It's 7 hours away, but I might just take the offer... Get up at 5 am, I'm there at noon if there isn't too much hassle at the border. Tempting.

Do we have to give you a yes or no answer before a certain date ? I do have a tent and everything, so no need for sleeping arrangements if need be.

HEY! Great question. Ineed to know RSVPs by MONDAY the 22nd!!!

The GF is making some great food. I'll be busy with hog stuff..obviously so I can't entertain like I usually do. I like entraining guests but can't as Saturday morning is hog slaughter day and Sunday is brining / curing day.

Friday night we can of course have some beers and chill out. I'll probably grill some chicken. Saturday night...not sure what plans are for dinner but I like to cook. Maybe some chili and corn bread?

Plan is to put half a hog in the ground late Saturday night and eat it Sunday for lunch. I'm not planning any other sides other than hog. I might deep fry some french fries and hush puppies.
__________________
I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #59
bluemoose
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
bluemoose's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
, Vermont
Posts: 3,248
Liked 255 Times on 192 Posts


So is this on Saturday or Sunday?
__________________
Beer makes me pee.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #60
bullinachinashop
 
bullinachinashop's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
NE Ohio
Posts: 1,046
Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts


Hey Adam,
This looks awesome!
I'm thinking of a summer vacation sometime in July.
Is there somewhere we could rent a couple of ATV's?
Also, how long would it take to drive over to Lake Winnipesaukee. My cousins have a couple of cabins on Bear Island.
Bull

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this the oxyclean people are using in place of PBW? boomer135 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 21 02-23-2012 12:50 AM
Just got invited to a wedding in........ jgln General Chit Chat 11 06-03-2009 04:30 PM
ive been invited Penguin Extract Brewing 8 10-01-2008 10:28 PM


Forum Jump