Hog Slaughter and Smoke at My place. HBT people invited - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Hog Slaughter and Smoke at My place. HBT people invited

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I just had a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Nordeastbrewer can pick us all up!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!

All wisconsinites meet in the middle, say Madison. And we'll all ride with him!
I just saw this! I DO have a van we could all pile into. Not Madison though, last time I drove through Madtown, I threw a rod in my tuner on the interstate. Not fun, nor cheap.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #22
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Adams, MA
Posts: 20,916
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts


Huh. That's not TOO far from me, about two and a half hours. I drive that far to go see Paulie and the guys down there. You should post this in the MA forum, as well, or throw an invite in the MA-smacktalk thread. Something just tells me in the back of my head that I might have a commitment already on the 27th, I'll have to double-check.
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
adamjackson
 
adamjackson's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Canaan New Hampshire, NH
Posts: 735
Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts


You guys are cool. Thanks for the interest. If a van-trip happens, I'll need a head count so I can get sleeping arrangements and know how much extra stuff to buy to cover everyone.
__________________
I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


I really wish I could man, it sounds like too much fun. But.... I'm guessing if I bailed on DD, people would frown on that. Now, if you can figure out a way to ship some of that hog with our trade, I'll take some of each.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
adamjackson
 
adamjackson's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Canaan New Hampshire, NH
Posts: 735
Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
I really wish I could man, it sounds like too much fun. But.... I'm guessing if I bailed on DD, people would frown on that. Now, if you can figure out a way to ship some of that hog with our trade, I'll take some of each.
Yeah, just send you a whole 8 pound of apple wood smoked bacon?

Maybe I can't send any bacon..that stuff is truly a commodity in our house hold.
__________________
I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #26
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjackson View Post
Yeah, just send you a whole 8 pound of apple wood smoked bacon?

Maybe I can't send any bacon..that stuff is truly a commodity in our house hold.
I hear that! Rarely does anything off the smoker last long around here, especially bacon.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #27
FTG-05
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Lincoln County, TN
Posts: 191
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


OOPS!!! Sounds like the party is gonna be canceled!!!

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...slaughter-pig/







































 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #28
adamjackson
 
adamjackson's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Canaan New Hampshire, NH
Posts: 735
Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
OOPS!!! Sounds like the party is gonna be canceled!!!

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...slaughter-pig/
Doubtful. Backyard slaughters happen all of the time and I live in an area with no sales tax, no income tax, no commercial or residential zoning, no building permits needed and no law on shooting guns on your property or anything like that.

Basically, as long as you're not hurting others, you can do whatever you want. These guys made a mistake but I doubt it'll affect our kill.
__________________
I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #29
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,733
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Huh. That's not TOO far from me, about two and a half hours. I drive that far to go see Paulie and the guys down there. You should post this in the MA forum, as well, or throw an invite in the MA-smacktalk thread. Something just tells me in the back of my head that I might have a commitment already on the 27th, I'll have to double-check.
If Bird comes, I'll feel pretty damn committed myself. If Paulie comes, I'll feel more than obligated.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #30
FTG-05
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Lincoln County, TN
Posts: 191
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjackson View Post
Doubtful. Backyard slaughters happen all of the time and I live in an area with no sales tax, no income tax, no commercial or residential zoning, no building permits needed and no law on shooting guns on your property or anything like that.

Basically, as long as you're not hurting others, you can do whatever you want. These guys made a mistake but I doubt it'll affect our kill.
It was a joke.....

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this the oxyclean people are using in place of PBW? boomer135 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 21 02-23-2012 12:50 AM
Just got invited to a wedding in........ jgln General Chit Chat 11 06-03-2009 04:30 PM
ive been invited Penguin Extract Brewing 8 10-01-2008 10:28 PM


Forum Jump