Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Catching up on brewing chores
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,241
Liked 125 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Default Catching up on brewing chores

I just spent my entire post-work day kegging 30+ gallons of beer. I brewed quite a bit of beer within the last couple months, and had planned on racking/kegging much earlier than tonight. Then my father lost his battle with cancer in September and I of course put that at the forefront of my priorities. The dust just started to settle, and I had just one weeknight to catch up with my hobby, and it was a looooong and stressful night. Tired, hungry, and stressed, I still love this hobby. I gotta say, without the passion for brewing and serving beer, I would never have made it through tonight.

I just wanted to vent.


__________________
On tap:
1. IPA 2. Citrus Wheat 3. Red Lager 4. Imperial Oatmeal Stout 5.[Nitrogen] Dry Stout
Primary:
1. Boh Pils 2. Boh Pils 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. Lambic 3. Lambic 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 18 gallons of beer & 3 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Bock x2, Dry Stout x2, Citrus Wheat, IPA, Ger Pils x2
Tiber_Brew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UP of Michigan
Posts: 65,407
Liked 6033 Times on 4302 Posts
Likes Given: 1555

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiber_Brew View Post
I just spent my entire post-work day kegging 30+ gallons of beer. I brewed quite a bit of beer within the last couple months, and had planned on racking/kegging much earlier than tonight. Then my father lost his battle with cancer in September and I of course put that at the forefront of my priorities. The dust just started to settle, and I had just one weeknight to catch up with my hobby, and it was a looooong and stressful night. Tired, hungry, and stressed, I still love this hobby. I gotta say, without the passion for brewing and serving beer, I would never have made it through tonight.

I just wanted to vent.
I didn't know that you lost your dad in September- I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so hard to deal with the death of a parent, and you have my sympathy in your loss.


__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
Yooper is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,241
Liked 125 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I didn't know that you lost your dad in September- I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so hard to deal with the death of a parent, and you have my sympathy in your loss.
Thanks, Yoop. It was tough to see him pass, but it was even tougher to see him live with cancer. In a way, I'm relieved that he isn't suffering like that anymore. Thanks again for the support.

Have you started brewing your lagers yet this year?
__________________
On tap:
1. IPA 2. Citrus Wheat 3. Red Lager 4. Imperial Oatmeal Stout 5.[Nitrogen] Dry Stout
Primary:
1. Boh Pils 2. Boh Pils 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. Lambic 3. Lambic 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 18 gallons of beer & 3 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Bock x2, Dry Stout x2, Citrus Wheat, IPA, Ger Pils x2
Tiber_Brew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UP of Michigan
Posts: 65,407
Liked 6033 Times on 4302 Posts
Likes Given: 1555

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiber_Brew View Post
Thanks, Yoop. It was tough to see him pass, but it was even tougher to see him live with cancer. In a way, I'm relieved that he isn't suffering like that anymore. Thanks again for the support.

Have you started brewing your lagers yet this year?
Not yet! I need to get cracking. I have some issues with my false bottom collapsing, so I've been slacking on my brewing also.

I'm definitely going to make a maibock but I'm not sure what else is going to be made. It's so nice to come back from Texas, and have a lager finished and ready to drink when we get home. Last time, I lagered in the kegerator on gas (with my fingers crossed that nothing would happen while we were gone), and pulled a pint the moment we got home. Of course, it was 80 degrees outside when we got home in March, and the BoPils was especially tasty!

What's on tap for your brewing?
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
Yooper is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 34,863
Liked 2967 Times on 2561 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Default

I got some cleaning up to do after yesterdays brew day ended pretty late. But my 1st PM pale ale is in the fermenter. Mashing,etc def adds a couple hours. But this cascade pale ale will be ready come turkey day. Wanna pit bbq the turkey again this year. Hoppy pales go good with that light smoke flavor.
__________________
My sci-fi & home brewing books on amazon-kindle now! New additions coming!
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
unionrdr is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,241
Liked 125 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper

Not yet! I need to get cracking. I have some issues with my false bottom collapsing, so I've been slacking on my brewing also.

I'm definitely going to make a maibock but I'm not sure what else is going to be made. It's so nice to come back from Texas, and have a lager finished and ready to drink when we get home. Last time, I lagered in the kegerator on gas (with my fingers crossed that nothing would happen while we were gone), and pulled a pint the moment we got home. Of course, it was 80 degrees outside when we got home in March, and the BoPils was especially tasty!

What's on tap for your brewing?
Got a couple recipes lined up. Lambic this weekend, then an American Pale next weekend. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hope your Maibock turns out well!
__________________
On tap:
1. IPA 2. Citrus Wheat 3. Red Lager 4. Imperial Oatmeal Stout 5.[Nitrogen] Dry Stout
Primary:
1. Boh Pils 2. Boh Pils 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. Lambic 3. Lambic 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 18 gallons of beer & 3 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Bock x2, Dry Stout x2, Citrus Wheat, IPA, Ger Pils x2
Tiber_Brew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjdonnelly68's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glenmont, NY
Posts: 1,282
Liked 156 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default

So sorry to hear about your dad. It's never easy to lose someone you love.

As I'm want to say at moments like these: Thank God for the beer...
__________________
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Francis Albert Sinatra
mjdonnelly68 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,241
Liked 125 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68
So sorry to hear about your dad. It's never easy to lose someone you love.

As I'm want to say at moments like these: Thank God for the beer...
Thank you. You're absolutely right. Don't know what I'd do without brewing beer!


__________________
On tap:
1. IPA 2. Citrus Wheat 3. Red Lager 4. Imperial Oatmeal Stout 5.[Nitrogen] Dry Stout
Primary:
1. Boh Pils 2. Boh Pils 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. Lambic 3. Lambic 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 18 gallons of beer & 3 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Bock x2, Dry Stout x2, Citrus Wheat, IPA, Ger Pils x2
Tiber_Brew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All-Grain Brewing with Extract Brewing Equipment (pics) DRoyLenz General Beer Discussion 76 06-30-2014 04:53 PM
World's strongest ale comes in eye-catching dead animal bottles!!1!1! MeatyPortion General Beer Discussion 5 07-22-2010 09:06 PM
hook & ladder brewing co. & Southern Tier brewing starrfish General Beer Discussion 22 12-10-2009 04:46 PM
Basic Brewing Radio - German Brewing History Kaiser General Beer Discussion 8 10-30-2009 01:20 AM
Victory Brewing ~ Downingtown, PA 37 minute brewing tour video SuperiorBrew General Beer Discussion 5 01-23-2008 07:14 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS