how many fridges/freezers do you have - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > how many fridges/freezers do you have

Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
biochemedic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Carnegie, PA
Liked 222 Times on 167 Posts

I don't even count the fridge in the kitchen...that's just a given. I store hops in the chest freezer in the garage, so I guess that counts. I have a kegerator, and a small in-the-bar fridge that stores various brewing related stuff and beer. I really do need a fermentation chamber...that will be my next! (trying to decide between an upright vs a dorm style vs a chest freezer...)

Bulk Aging: Cocobochet, Wild Cider (2014 & 2015)
Planned: Fruitcake Old Ale, Not Just for Breakfast Stout. Otherwise, so many ideas, not enough time to brew them....

Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
tre9er
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lincoln, NE
Liked 242 Times on 197 Posts

3 fridges, each with a freezer. 1 is ferm chamber, 1 is keg fridge/brewing freezer (for ice to cool samples, etc.), the other is the kitchen fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 524 Times on 336 Posts

1 fridge in the house for foodstuffs
1 fridge in the garage for drinking stuff
1 upright and 1 chest freezer in the garage for hunting, fishing, foraging and gardening successes.
SSBN 641 B

Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Liked 439 Times on 302 Posts

2 Friges 2.5 Freezers One of the refrigersators is a side by side.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 773 Times on 613 Posts

SONOFA!!! I just got rid of one! If I had known... I would have kept it and totally won the interwebs!

Kitchen fridge
Two temp controlled fermentation fridges (one full sized, one 'kegerator' sized)
A mini behind the bah
Four by six DIY walk-in coolah for all of the kegs/keg lines that run to the bah and my "cold bottle storage"

Meh... that's not that many I guess... I guess I wouldn't have won the interwebs.

*^&@$!!! I'm buying more TONIGHT!! (just kidding. I probably wont)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Keller, Texas
Liked 254 Times on 196 Posts

Regular full size fridge-freezer combo in the kitchen for food, some grain, yeast, hops, starter wort and all the bottled beer we keep cold (about five six packs worth).

Small fridge in fermentation room for fermentation chamber.

I wish we had a small chest freezer for food. I'd keep a lot of bulk food cooked.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

5 fridges and 3 freezers in two houses. Three are involved in brewing; two keggors, and a fermentation fridge that is off over 95% of the time. We have stand-alone freezers in the house and the cabin, both packed with food and a huge quantity of blackberries and cherries. Kitchen fridges in both places, but they are relatively small. The last fridge is downstairs in the wetbar and is used mostly when we entertain. I don't count my wife's son's fridge. It's just being stored. With the exception of the fermentation fridge, they are all Energy Star rated.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
tre9er
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lincoln, NE
Liked 242 Times on 197 Posts

Incidentally, my ferm chamber fridge is the oldest of the bunch, probably a 70's model...I brewed two lagers recently that were in primary and/or cold crashing for the better part of September...my electric bill was pretty high considering we didn't run the AC the entire month.

I was trying to figure it out then I realized that I lagered/fermented in the 50's for an entire month in an inefficient fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 264 Times on 225 Posts

i'm a slacker. i only have 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the garage (3-tap kegerator), 10cf chest freezer on it's way to becoming a ferm chamber, and a mini for bottles

Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
Desrever
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Notre Dame, IN
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

kitchen fridge, 3 tap kegorator, Mini for soft drinks, freezer fermentation chamber. 4