Complain about your wife/girlfriend - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Complain about your wife/girlfriend

Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #21
jerrodm
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Silver Spring, MD
Liked 123 Times on 88 Posts

That's funny, I'd have to agree with most posters here about my wife. She pretty much supports my addiction no matter what. Here's what annoying though--she's always equally positive about every beer I brew. It doesn't matter if it's the best or the...er, not-best beer I've ever done, she never gives any real feedback. My buddies are much better. Two guys I drink with quite a bit, they're not critical, but they do point out differences between beers I've brewed, even two in the same style. And I know I've done right when they drink one and give it a good review.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #22
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller0408
Wife/girlfriend hates your home brewing? Hates the amount of beer you drink? Hates that you don't make more money? Hates that you like the dog better than her? Feel free to complain about it here. We can swap war stories.
Sounds like you'd need a new one with a lot that wrong haha.

I got one complaint she drinks all my Damn beer. I'm gonna have to stick to brewing ipas so I have stuff to enjoy

Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Taylorsville, Utah
Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

My wife doesn't mind how much or often as long as I don't leave a mess but wants nothing to do with it.. the girlfriend wants to learn
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #24
shelly_belly
Uncle John's Band
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2009
Blow Southerners!
Liked 184 Times on 147 Posts

My wife makes grilled cheese too often. Sometimes, I'd rather have a real meal.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #25
emiller0408
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmanster
My wife doesn't mind how much or often as long as I don't leave a mess but wants nothing to do with it.. the girlfriend wants to learn
LOL....I like what you did there. Speaking of drinking, I'm drinking a really green honey ale right now that's giving me super-gas. Carbonation is there, and it has a good body, but I think there's still some yeast in there giving me gut-rot. It's been in bottles about a week and a half.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #26
emiller0408
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing
You guys all suck!!! The potential in this thread was awesome and you all go and talk all sweet about your wives. My wife rocks. In a big ass way. But there are lots of things she does that pisses me off. This is a good thread to use to bitch about it! So come on. Quit being all ***** whipped and tell us what you dont like about her! Now, that being said, my wife hasnt pissed me off in awhile and i really cant complain
And yeah....let's step it up a bit here. You don have to get too nasty, just blow off a little steam.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
Blademaker
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Marrietta, Georgia
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

My wife is as mean as hell.
She works while I'm retired.
Hates/loathes/despises mass produced so-called american beer.
Gives me ideas for some beers.
Didn't complain when I was buying a lotta guns, as long as she got the ones she wanted.

sonofgrok Likes This 
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #28
turvis
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

I hate it when I ask what she wants for dinner and she says she doesn't care. Then when I bring home food and make food she says she doesn't want that. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #29
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademaker View Post
Didn't complain when I was buying a lotta guns, as long as she got the ones she wanted.
^^^^^^ This. My wife is the EXACT same way. I got my extra SKS as long she got her .357 mag.

Blademaker Likes This 
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #30
Blademaker
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Marrietta, Georgia
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok View Post
^^^^^^ This. My wife is the EXACT same way. I got my extra SKS as long she got her .357 mag.
My wife: Oh, you bought another AR15? Nice........I want a Walther P22 with laser sights.
Me: Noooooo problem, dear.
My wife: Maybe later, we'll get the paperwork done and get a suppressor to go with it.
Me: Sounds like a winner.
My wife: Great! Lets go to Taco Mac's and have some good beers.
Me: <Sniff> I love you.