Complain about your wife/girlfriend - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Complain about your wife/girlfriend

Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
Xpertskir
Recipes 

May 2012
Morgantown, Wv
Liked 455 Times on 293 Posts

I'll not complain at all. She loves beer, and the type of beer I love to drink. She supportive in my brewing in every way including Financially and being my arms since I had a shoulder surgery that prevents me from lifting brew stuff.

I feel for you guys that don't have a woman that at least puts up with your brewing.

If brewing is truly important to you, whoever you love should be at least somewhat supportive and understanding about it, otherwise IMO its a sign of a deeper problem.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok View Post
My wife sucks. Lets me brew whenever I want, picks up my gear and ingredients for me when I can't, plays video games with me, and supports me pretty much no matter what I do. Terrible.
Dude, how'd you draw such a $hitty card in life? That sucks man.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
CoalCracker

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Macungie, Pa
Liked 106 Times on 65 Posts

Yea really no complaints here. First date she bought me a sixer of Founder Centennial IPA cause she knew I loved beer! Fast forward 3 years later and I'm building a 1bbl brewery and she doesn't say a peep. She won't drink it and she hates the smell of the process but doesn't complain at all.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
emiller0408
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
Yea really no complaints here. First date she bought me a sixer of Founder Centennial IPA cause she knew I loved beer! Fast forward 3 years later and I'm building a 1bbl brewery and she doesn't say a peep. She won't drink it and she hates the smell of the process but doesn't complain at all.
I've never understood how people hate the smell of brewing. I have a buddy whose wife makes him brew in the driveway. My wife enjoys the malt smell you get when boiling but isn't a fan of raw hop aroma which blows my mind. Every time I open up my hops and smell them my mouth literally waters.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

SWMBO detests the smell of boiling wort. Specifically, she hates the smell of hops. The amusing part is that she knows exactly where I am in the boil by the way the wort smells. A recent conversation went like this:

"Honey, you're close to your 2nd addition if you have added it yet."
(2min left on the timer) "Wha? How'd you know?"
"It stinks more than it did over 30 min ago, but not as bad as it does when you're done. Did you use Warrior or Simcoe on this one? Smells more pungent than your last one."
"Wha? How'd you come to that conclusion?"
"'Cause I know that those are the two you use the most when you're making those bitter beers and you did a sweet beer last time. You always change it up."
"Oh. I'm using both in this one."

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

People Like This 
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #16
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

My SWMBO fully supports my hobbies and even surprises me by bringing home ingredients - totally unasked for! It goes something like:
I saw the recipe you were reading and since I was in town I figured I would pick up some of the things you checked and didn't have!
I reckon I'll have to keep her!
SSBN 641 B

Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2012
Oppelo, Arkansas
Liked 305 Times on 236 Posts

My woman brews with me, doesn't mind picking up something if I need it, drinks craft beer with me all the time. So it looks like I too drew a bad card...oh well guess I'm stuck with her.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Liked 1217 Times on 794 Posts

My wife and I have a system. It's really her system, because I'd get rid of it in a second if I could. I call it the 'wife tax'.

She loves when I buy stuff, because she goes out and spends the same amount of money on something for herself. She knows I won't complain, because I just spent the money too.

This keeps me from overspending. Since everything I buy ends up costing me twice as much, I have to really want it badly. I end up passing on a lot of stuff to avoid the 'wife tax'.

I believe this is very similar to the taxation system Mitt Romney was complaining about during the last debate.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

I have to wait for my wife to take a business trip to the west coast to make fried chicken hearts like I am doing tonight. Don't you pity me?

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2349 Times on 2256 Posts

You guys all suck!!! The potential in this thread was awesome and you all go and talk all sweet about your wives. My wife rocks. In a big ass way. But there are lots of things she does that pisses me off. This is a good thread to use to bitch about it! So come on. Quit being all ***** whipped and tell us what you dont like about her! Now, that being said, my wife hasnt pissed me off in awhile and i really cant complain