Rant: Stinky MF'ers... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Rant: Stinky MF'ers...

Old 08-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 89 Times on 74 Posts

Gotta vent.

So I'm doing my little part-time 5 hrs/week at the wine/beer shop right now. This dude just came in looking for a case of Hofbrau Lager...not the best stuff in the world, IMHO, but I digress.

As soon as he walks past me, the BO stench smacks me upside my head like a sack of doorknobs. WHAT THE HELL!!?? I had to mouthbreathe the entire time he was in here...and it's not like he looked too raggedy or homeless or anything...he was all dressed up in brand name stuff...but he smelled like he's been running a marathon for 3 days in this summer heat without a shower or deodorant. It seriously almost made me gag. He's been gone for a good 5 minutes, and the smell is still lingering.

What is wrong with people? They may as well just walk around sh*tting everywhere. Is it that hard to take a shower, wash your clothes, or at the very least, wear some deodorant? If he can spend $40 on a case of beer, he can surely afford to wash himself and his clothes. Damn.

/rant

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts

I was a TA for a lab this summer and there was a kid in one class that had the same problem...sweaty-out-in-the-Atlanta-heat smell. I had to move to the other side of the room to avoid it...I felt bad for his lab partners. Once some guy made a comment about needing to take a bath...I had to bite my lip not to laugh.

I know some people have medical conditions that may result in this...if this is the case I apologize.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

In the submarine community there are alot of dirty fxcks. It becomes a health issue real fast. On my last deployment many of the hot-rackers (guys who share bunks in shifts), got scabies and other weird skin problems. Your screwed if you are a clean guy forced to bunk with a pig.

I just don't understand why people are afraid of soap and water. Maybe they bent over in the shower and had a bad experience???

I remember being stuck on an 4 hour flight behind a lady with severe B.O. That sucked as well.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 158 Times on 148 Posts

When I was a nuc prototype, one guy had a genetic foot odor problem. Since we bused 90 minutes to the site, he 'volunteered' to bag his feet for each trip. I pitied the sub he was headed to.

Then there was this gay guy I worked with, who didn't bath Thursday-Sunday. Said his BF liked him to save up the smell for the weekends.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
Since we bused 90 minutes to the site, he 'volunteered' to bag his feet for each trip.
Very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
Said his BF liked him to save up the smell for the weekends.
Not funny, very weird.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 536 Times on 430 Posts

Evan!, weren't you mentioning earlier that it's like 200 degrees in Virginia these days, with like 150% humidity?...

I mean, I dislike B.O. as much as the next guy (well, apparently more than the B/F of David's former colleague), but you've got to cut people a LITTLE more slack in August...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 08-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #7
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Sierra Vista, AZ
Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts

isnt that normal for you Va hicks?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #8
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 120 Times on 105 Posts

Could be worse Evan. You could work here:

Old 08-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #9
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew
In the submarine community there are alot of dirty fxcks.
Are you actually able to maintain normal hygiene on board? By normal I mean daily shower, shave, etc. I was under the impression that you had to sacrifice certain amenities while underway. Then again, our submarine budget consisted of buying a few old deisel units from the Brits. One caught on fire and we had to call for help. What the hell do I know?

Old 08-10-2007, 03:55 AM   #10
Brewer3401
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2004
Southeast Louisiana
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

[quote=Evan!]Gotta vent.

As soon as he walks past me, the BO stench smacks me upside my head like a sack of doorknobs. WHAT THE HELL!!?? I had to mouthbreathe the entire time he was in here...and it's not like he looked too raggedy or homeless or anything...he was all dressed up in brand name stuff...but he smelled like he's been running a marathon for 3 days in this summer heat without a shower or deodorant. It seriously almost made me gag. He's been gone for a good 5 minutes, and the smell is still lingering.

Maybe he was French ?