Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Wastelands of Arkansas

Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
ubenumber2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Wastelands of Arkansas

Hello all from Jonesboro ,Arkansas , located in the wonderful DRY county of Craighead County, the closest liqour store is 12 miles away but we have a few places that serve beer locally , and we just got a small homebrew store opened up.

Im 36 , I work , I raise a family , my wife is finishing raising me , I love to run , hike , hunt , play video games and drink beer , well good beer. I have been brewing on and off again for the past 5 years and always use this site for the information I need , I decided to join since Ive always just lurked.

My brewing is like my cooking , I dont follow recipes , I rarely write anything down , sometimes stuff turns out great sometimes not so great , it doesnt fit into any certain style of beer and I get mad at myself for not taking better notes when one of them turns out great.

I dont take myself too serious , I like to have fun , I get annoyed when I ask a question on a forum and someone answers me like Im stupid for asking the question , or I'm stupid for trying something , If you think something I say is stupid and it really doesnt cause any great strife in your real life , just let it go , i promise you it will be ok.

Glad to be here , hope to meet some locals into brewing , would love to join a homebrew club , Im just not motivated enough to start one alone

Old 10-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Welcome! There are a few of us who don't take notes (or very few at most). You're not the only one. If it weren't for Brewtarget I wouldn't even know what any of my recipes are 2 days after I brew them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
ubenumber2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks , this place is really full of great information, hope to be able to contribute something usefull one day

Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 125

welcome! love southern arkansas, I think Jonesboro is to the northeast right?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
ubenumber2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes we are in the northeast corner , all flat rice fields here , not so bad if you head to the ridge though. Looking for other brewers here in Jonesboro or surrounding areas to see about getting together and swapping ideas and some beers

Old 09-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
radardog
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Hi there! Another Jonesboro brewer here, I'm pretty new to brewing but it's glad to see a fellow brewer in town.