Bought a lot of glass carboys before knowing about kegs - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Bought a lot of glass carboys before knowing about kegs

Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

If I had it to over I would be just getting kegs like Golddiggie describes. That's the route I'd of preferred to go, but when I bought all my glass carboys I didn't realize and had never even heard of using kegs for primary. But it's fine, I know I can be safe when using the glass carboys if I take a few steps to protect myself in even of breakage during handling. Provided I can be disciplined enough to always follow the safety precautions any time I handle them. Maybe if I print out a picture of someone who got hurt when one broke that will motivate me to always follow my safety plan.