inconsiderate/irresponsible people - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > inconsiderate/irresponsible people

Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
terrapinj

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Liked 170 Times on 126 Posts

have to vent/rant for a minute

came out to my car this morning parked on the street and noticed a lovely dent and scratch on the rear driver door

of course no note etc

car is just over 2 months old and now i have to deal with filing a police report and getting the door panel fixed

we're expecting our first child any day now and this is $hit i really don't need to deal with

why are people so fuŠking irresponsible

Old 10-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2135 Times on 1410 Posts

I hear ya. I stopped driving 10 years ago because I couldnt put up with the nonsense that comes along with driving. Now I just take the train, which has proven to be 100% hassle-free

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Aug 2012
minneapolis, minnesota
Liked 127 Times on 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinj View Post
why are people so fuŠking irresponsible
Because it's easier than being responsible....

m_c_zero Likes This 
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Westminster, CO
Liked 231 Times on 164 Posts

That's why I drive a beater. Go ahead, hit it with your car door, probably end up doing more damage to yours than mine.

That or you could buy this thing:

Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
terrapinj

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Liked 170 Times on 126 Posts

i used to drive a 98 camry and got over 215k on it. i could park that thing anywhere and didn't give a **** what happened to it but with the new baby coming i needed something safer and reliable - i knew it wouldn't stay pristine for ever but i was hoping i could go longer than 2 months

i wish we had better public transportation options on the westside of LA

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Liked 1218 Times on 795 Posts

I had a guy hit my car while he was parallel parking. He literally ripped the bumper off of my car. Not the bumper cover, but the whole bumper. I wasn't at home. I found my bumper laying in the street. Good thing my neighbor saw the guy do it, and got his plate number and his phone #.

I called the guy and I agreed to keep the insurance companies out of the picture if he paid for the damage. Got an estimate for $2200. He freaked out and accused me of trying to rip him off. I said - 'You ripped the frggin bumper off of my car.' 'How much do you think that's going to cost to fix?' He said he'd take care of it. I hung up and never heard from him again. I left messages, no response.

Thank god my neighbor got the license plate number. I gave it to my insurance company and they were able to go after him.

What a jerk! I could have called the cops, but I gave him a break and he screwed me.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
forstmeister

Recipes 

May 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 182 Times on 138 Posts

I used to drive a beat up wrangler in Chicago. When people would try to cut me off I wouldn't let them in. Big angular steel bumpers on my ride would have shredded their cars. That and I could park it anywhere

Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

I loved my 1968 Volvo 145. Built like a tank and had the reputation. Some twit in a shiny new dress-up truck tried to push me into the oncoming traffic once. I just stayed the course and watched him run into the creek.

Someone busted a window in my van last month. I think it was intentional, based on the cracking pattern.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 10-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
headbanger

Recipes 

Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Liked 777 Times on 486 Posts

I think I see the problem here.

You people need to move out of the city.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #10

That is so disappointing, sorry it happened to you. But congratulations on your impending new child!

passedpawn Likes This