I'm going to be brewing up a double batch of a winter warmer this weekend, should come in around 1.071 OG. I've currently got an English mild in the fermenter that needs to be kegged, and I plan to repitch the yeast in that fermenter into the winter warmer. The English mild was around 1.036 OG, so effectively it was a 5 gallon starter.
Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should attempt to wash the yeast, or if I should just wait until Sunday (brew day) to keg the mild, and then divide up the yeast cake between the two fermenters before getting the chilled wort into them.
There's obviously less effort involved in kegging Sunday and divvying up the cake then, so I'm leaning heavily toward this approach. Any significant downsides?