Not drunk but... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Not drunk but...

Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
wolfstar

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Are you on/near the Gila River Reservation?

Sadly, abused/mistreated rez dogs are all to common in AZ.
we are southwest of the Ak-Chin Indian Res. I think Gila River is mostly north of the city of Maricopa...

We do get quite a few abandoned dogs out here, usually we take them to Pinal County Animal Care and Control in Casa Grande, every once in a while we can get a no kill shelter to take one in.

Last spring someone dumped a mother and 5 puppies at the canal behind our property, they were "kind" enough to dump a full bag of Ole Roy dog food with dogs. We managed to catch them all and they went to Arizona Animal Welfare League (where SWMBO works) and were all adopted out.

Sadly, many of the dogs we find are parvo or distemper positive when we find them...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #12
wolfstar

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Scout, the Super Sweet German Shepherd passed over the rainbow bridge about 9pm tonight.

The wolves erupted into a pretty intense howl within seconds after her last breath, very strange, but comforting.

Scout is free now...lucky pup

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #13
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

Although I take no pleasure in an animal's death, I am glad she is no longer suffering. My next one's for her.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

wolfstar Likes This 
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
pigsaarz

Recipes 

Apr 2012
melbourne, victoria
Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Living in Asia for some years I saw what a westerner would consider abject cruelty to animals, but they could be forgiven as they are not educated in humanely putting down animals. But a westerner who deliberately mistreats any dumb animal I could without conscience put them down before I could harm any creature. Aye that even goes for Red Backs that live in my garden.
Walter D Wintle

Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts

IŽll just give those people a little of their own medicine and let them go trough the same that their animals went trough. Sorry about scout, probably she is in a better place now.