Not drunk but... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Not drunk but...

Old 10-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
wolfstar
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Not drunk but...I thought posting this here would geve me a little more leeway as to expressing how much some people really piss me off....

We took in a German Sheperd last week, a senior...very, very sweet. She was surrendered to us after the previous "caretaker" realised something was wrong.

The Shepherd (named Scout) was found tied to a telephone pole out in the desert. the previous caretaker kept her in a 10' x 10' breeding kennel for 4 months (outside, no shade, Arizona desert temps) and wonders why the dog is in renal failure.

We have been doing "doggy dialysis" at our facility, cooking for her, doing everything we can to give her some comfort in her final days...she has at best a few weeks....What the f*ck is wrong with people?

It does not end there, i am heading home with hay from the feed store for the horse the day before yesterday, and low and behold....There is a horse (lame and a bag of bones) wandering about in the road. I call the wife to bring a halter, we give the horse some hay and i start making phone calls. 30 or so minutes later, a new bright shiny red Ford pickup rolls by and pulls into a driveway 100 feet up the road. i head down there to ask for some water for the horse, and in passing ask "do you know who the horse belongs to?"...the fat bitch with the two Sonic brown bag specials and multiple chins says "oh...she's mine, but we don't want her anymore".

Supid fat bitch thought it was ok to let an already starving and suffering horse to suffer and starve more in the desert...while she gets fat on Sonic and Bon Bons.

I am not a nice person...she found that out.

But seriously, WTF is wrong with people that they think it's fine to let an animal suffer to death?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

Jeebus where do you live, at the magical crossroads where dying animals wander the desert?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
wolfstar
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewingmeister View Post
Jeebus where do you live, at the magical crossroads where dying animals wander the desert?

20 miles southwest of the city of Maricopa, Arizona.

Abandonded animals are common here...sadly....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 8600 Times on 6919 Posts

Are you on/near the Gila River Reservation?

Sadly, abused/mistreated rez dogs are all to common in AZ.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

She should of put the horse in the back of the truck and dropped it off at sonic. Sonic dumpsters are at least better than the desert.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I'm not advocating violence, but if there was a new special on pay per view where you get to watch people who are convicted animal abusers or were criminally neglectful of animals run a gauntlet a la "Running Man"... I'd totally pay to see it

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

This happens all too often. I live at the edge of town right next to the desert. I take in an average of 4 dogs every summer that people just take out into the desert and leave. The really messed up thing is that there is a no questions asked shelter about a mile south of me. Its a shame I can't keep them all but I help to get them adopted and usually have no trouble. Two is about all I can keep

This is Egon. My 120 pound german shepweiler that I found 3 years ago left out in the desert. At that time he was 63 pounds, had distemper, and was attempting to cross the freeway. He is the SWEETEST dog I have ever met. And I grew up breeding german shepherd so I have had some sweet ones. My other dog is an awesome old 80 pound shepherd named ozzy. He was a thoroughbred in his day but at 14 years old we took him in from my parents so he could go out in some comfort (sleeps in the bed, eats salmon food etc.)

Like you said "What the *&^%*(% is wrong with people?"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Egon2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	78388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	78389  

Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
turvis
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

We found our dog (pit and lab mix) circling a stop sign at the intersection of a highway with a towel by him. Sweet but rambunctious dog don't know why any one would leave him. **** irritates me to no end.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #9
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

You may not be quite drunk yet, but I am, so I feel comfortable saying that I would take great pleasure in personally assuring that all animal abusers suffered endlessly while begging for death. This **** is so ****ed up and I can't comprehend how people can possibly be OK with themselves after doing **** like this.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 10-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #10
headbanger
Recipes 

Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Liked 767 Times on 477 Posts

Where to start? We've fostered rescue dogs for several years now due mainly to my lovely wife but, mind you I have definitely seen the light in the meantime. I could show before and after pics that would blow your mind, dogs really are resilient creatures to say the least.

I wont even bore you with all the stories of the dogs we've helped and the ones we couldn't. This is for the afore-mentioned bastages that like to perpetuate that cruelty in this world.

You're on my blacklist...