the one that got away - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > the one that got away

Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
dbrewski

Recipes 

Oct 2011
Indeterminate
Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts

So I found this three tap backbar on Craigslist, I'm on my phone so hopefully the pic upload works. The guy was asking 600, got him down to 500. This was yesterday but I was going to pick it up on Friday, his day off. I confirmed tonight and got his address. About an hour later he called me back and said a guy offered him 600, and I could still have it if i gave him that. I said "so what if i agree and then the guy offers you 700, do I have to meet that?". He then texted me back that the guy offered $750 so he did the deal with him instead.

Just please, if you are on homebrewtalk and bought this do me a favor and don't tell me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121004_195758.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	78342   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121004_195808.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	78343  

Old 10-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5535 Times on 4682 Posts

I only paid him $501.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 267 Times on 228 Posts

lowlife scum. guy gave you his word. can't say "man", since a man keeps his word

Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
bleme

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Visalia, CA
Liked 320 Times on 234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpher
lowlife scum. guy gave you his word. can't say "man", since a man keeps his word
+1

Guy must me a real estate agent.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
dbrewski

Recipes 

Oct 2011
Indeterminate
Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts

Had myself all geared up for it, had the cash, arranged for help in picking it up, and worse, I committed to another brewer that it would be up and ready tomorrow to at least store some beer for an event coming up next Friday. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. Am I being an a**hole to blame this on the values that these younger kids have? This guy was right out of college.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7047 Times on 4175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski View Post
Had myself all geared up for it, had the cash, arranged for help in picking it up, and worse, I committed to another brewer that it would be up and ready tomorrow to at least store some beer for an event coming up next Friday. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. Am I being an a**hole to blame this on the values that these younger kids have? This guy was right out of college.
Naw, you were done wrong. But don't blame "today's kids". There have always been guys like that.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts

Found a wine press on Craigslist, dual stage, needed refinished, but still pretty nice, ran out after work to meet him, was in my car, guy was asking $130. Got him down to $100, made a deal and shook hands that I'd have my parents (who have a truck) come get it the next day around noon and pay for it. They show up, nobody is there, after an hour waiting (in 100+ heat and no AC) they finally get hold of the guy who says "Sorry, after you left somebody else came by and my wife sold it for $80." WTF? Then he didn't even call me or email me saying it was sold. I was pretty pissed after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #8
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski View Post
So I found this three tap backbar on Craigslist, I'm on my phone so hopefully the pic upload works. The guy was asking 600, got him down to 500. This was yesterday but I was going to pick it up on Friday, his day off. I confirmed tonight and got his address. About an hour later he called me back and said a guy offered him 600, and I could still have it if i gave him that. I said "so what if i agree and then the guy offers you 700, do I have to meet that?". He then texted me back that the guy offered $750 so he did the deal with him instead.

Just please, if you are on homebrewtalk and bought this do me a favor and don't tell me.
That's ****ed up. I've killed men for less. Not really, but still. Fresh out of college? Must not have been a business major. Or maybe he was... haha.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2135 Times on 1410 Posts

Now's the time for sour grapes. It was most likely cracked, particle board, or smelled like monkey butt.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
paulster2626

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Ontario, Canada
Liked 337 Times on 226 Posts

Now you can build your own and learn things in the process. Blessing in disguise!