How do you know you've had too much homebrew? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > How do you know you've had too much homebrew?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #11
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
Hahaha all good indicators.

He's finally found the video he was looking for on youtalk.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbN8jqDhHO8

Bill Withers singing Use Me - dang that is an awesome song and performance, I keep playing it over and over.
Somewhat obscure, drunken reference. Can't hear this song without thinking of Any Given Sunday

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #12
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Bill Withers is the best. Ever.
Dang it if that Bill Withers song didn't overtake my previous all time favorite:

Vernacular Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #13
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7842 Times on 5495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post

To answer the question, if songs on Pandora bring a tear to my eye, I call it a night. A sad, sad, too much homebrew night.
Well, I listen to alot of Tom Waits. It's wallowing music, so I have a tear in my eye when sober.

Drinking makes me think, "Well, it could be worse- I could be this guy!" and so the tears stop when drinking and listening to Pandora.

But........I remember an incident a few years ago when sitting out by the fire, and having Pandora playing. I apparently thought that every single artist and every single song that played was THE BEST EVER.

As in, "Van Morrison! OMG, it's the best songwriter ever!" Next song, "John Mellencamp! OMG, he's the best singer EVAH!" Next song, "Bruce Springsteen! OMG, he's the best singer/songwriter EVER!".

Bob's response: "Go to bed honey. You hate Mellencamp".

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #14
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Drinking makes me think, "Well, it could be worse- I could be this guy!"
That is an expensive surgery

Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #15
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Quote:
But........I remember an incident a few years ago when sitting out by the fire, and having Pandora playing. I apparently thought that every single artist and every single song that played was THE BEST EVER.

As in, "Van Morrison! OMG, it's the best songwriter ever!" Next song, "John Mellencamp! OMG, he's the best singer EVAH!" Next song, "Bruce Springsteen! OMG, he's the best singer/songwriter EVER!".

Bob's response: "Go to bed honey. You hate Mellencamp".
That is some wisdom right there, he is seeing that happening to himself right now.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #16
FreshZ

Recipes 

Dec 2011
St. Louis, MO
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper

Well, I listen to alot of Tom Waits. It's wallowing music, so I have a tear in my eye when sober.
What homebrewer, nay, what drinker doesn't listen to Tom waits? If not, you should...
Bottled: Cali Common, I.P.K., CTZ SMaSH yeast experiment, FUBAR IPA, Barleywine, Columbus Day Milk Stout, Narwhal ESB...
On Deck: Domaine DuPage clone, Heady Topper clone, Oaked Imp. Stout

Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #17
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7842 Times on 5495 Posts

I told Bob about this thread and he told me that I "have" to put his favorite for when he has a few, Warren Haynes.

He says this one is deep, and his favorite for when he's had a couple:

I agree, that John Lennon nailed it with this song. Warren Haynes is one of our favorites around here.

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #18
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX

Quote:
I told Bob about this thread and he told me that I "have" to put his favorite for when he has a few, Warren Haynes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCiPP...eature=related

I agree, that John Lennon nailed it with this song. Warren Haynes is one of our favorites around here.
Yep. Totally felt like I was sitting in a beer garden on a cloudy day enjoying that song.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #19
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Very nice. Gov't Mule has nailed many songs. This is one of his favorites ...

Though it pales in comparison in his opinion to the genuine though this vid is lacking in the vid part ...

He has found another Bill Withers video, not quite as good as the first, but just look at this completely gone, never to be duplicated era/genre....

Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #20

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCiPP...eature=related

Nice version of that song!