Bourbon County Stout Clone in a 5gal MLT - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bourbon County Stout Clone in a 5gal MLT

Old 08-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #61
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Goodells, MICHIGAN
Liked 53 Times on 47 Posts

What are you making with the second running and does it come out tasting good?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 09-15-2014, 01:49 AM   #62
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Goodells, MICHIGAN

Today I brewed 15 gallons of Bourbon county Stout @ 1.112. Ran an additional 10.5 gallons of water thru the used grain and come up with 8 gallons of 1.074 Little County Stout, can't wait to try little county to see what it taste like. If it comes out tasty I will try to make it a 10 gallon Little County stout next time. Hops used for Little county were Centennial and Amarillo.

Any ideas how I would save the second running Little County Stout as a recipe in a brewing app?

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 11-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #63
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Goodells, MICHIGAN

Anyone try Wyeast 1728 in this recipe?
Or what other yeast have you tried that come out good?

- Pliny the Elder

Old 10-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #64
roncruiser
Recipes 

Jun 2012
San Diego, CA
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Does Goose Island actually add Bourbon to the beer? I alway thought the bourbon barrels only added aromas and a bit of Bourbon oak bite.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #65
Sleepyemt
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Woodstock, Ga
Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

I don't think you can legally add bourbon to the beer. It gets a little crazy with the laws and taxation. I remember listening to a podcast where the Brewer from fiftyfifty mentions the length they go to rinse there barrels. Something along the lines of no more that a half a percentage can come from the barrel