What your drink of choice says about you - Page 8 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What your drink of choice says about you

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #71
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Posts: 12,250
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts


Ever since I first read the title of this thread "What does your drink of choice say about you"? I've become more and more paranoid. Now I won't leave my drink in a room without me because I'm afraid of the conversations it may be having about me with the coffee table behind my back.

Airborneguy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #72
mbobhat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mbobhat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 439
Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Ever since I first read the title of this thread "What does your drink of choice say about you"? I've become more and more paranoid. Now I won't leave my drink in a room without me because I'm afraid of the conversations it may be having about me with the coffee table behind my back.
They are totally in cahoots together to leave water rings on that large pretentious conversation starter coffee table book that you thought was still cool
__________________
Mac: But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun
Thorny: And his shenanigans are cruel and tragic

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #73
jerrodm
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 636
Liked 123 Times on 88 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Ever since I first read the title of this thread "What does your drink of choice say about you"? I've become more and more paranoid. Now I won't leave my drink in a room without me because I'm afraid of the conversations it may be having about me with the coffee table behind my back.
Right? Probably complaining about my bad breath--I swear, I couldn't find my toothbrush this morning!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #74
stillbrewin
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
st paul, mn
Posts: 46
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


bobbrews, you are not really that far off the mark with regard to vodka. Many people take it more seriously though. Interestingly gin is just vodka that has a portion of its vapor fed through a "gin basket" which contains botanicals. The vapor causes the botanicals to release their essential oils into the vodka thus creating gin.

Better spirits are usually distilled less times rather than more. Distilled 5 times is more of an advertising ploy. Its kinda of like the "our beer is triple hopped" of the distilling world. I can personally gaurantee that the 12 dollar 1.75l of Phillips vodka you just bought never went through a still more than once, even though it says distilled 5 times on its label. A true two pass distillation would produce a higher quality spirit, and if the take off abv was correct, would produce a superior product. I suspect this is what is being done in some of the finer tequilas.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #75
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BBL_Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Posts: 3,704
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by kroach01 View Post
If you order drinks, you're most likely a douche.
I'll agree with that. You should be brewing your own
__________________
Slots Down Brewery
Stick with the plan....not the sparge.


Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #76
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Zuljin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Defiance
Posts: 24,798
Liked 5293 Times on 4509 Posts


Ya know what? I dont give a fuq what my choice of drink says about me. No. Fuq all this. Okay. Converstaion abut it, fine. My choice of drink says I want a fuqing drink and you are a bartender. We got a deal here see.. Arragangments have been made in times long before us. I'm going to order a drink and you are going to make it and I am going to pay like the cost of the whole bottle for a shot of this and that. And I'm going to tip you. Holy fuq and you compalin and come up with pretentious bull****? dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Have you ever had decent sex that didn't involve shoving a foot somewhere? Didn't think so. :drunk:

sonofgrok Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #77
mike280Z
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 29
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin
Ya know what? I dont give a fuq what my choice of drink says about me. No. Fuq all this. Okay. Converstaion abut it, fine. My choice of drink says I want a fuqing drink and you are a bartender. We got a deal here see.. Arragangments have been made in times long before us. I'm going to order a drink and you are going to make it and I am going to pay like the cost of the whole bottle for a shot of this and that. And I'm going to tip you. Holy fuq and you compalin and come up with pretentious bull****? dude.
Haha I'm guessing you've had to many of a particular "fuqing"drink listed her and maybe one of the descriptions here felt to close to home. As a disclaimer I guess I should have written for entertainment purposes only. That being said I think that like many of people's various tendencies you can glean something from drink choices.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #78
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,674
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mike280Z View Post
Haha I'm guessing you've had to many of a particular "fuqing"drink listed her and maybe one of the descriptions here felt to close to home. As a disclaimer I guess I should have written for entertainment purposes only. That being said I think that like many of people's various tendencies you can glean something from drink choices.
I'm guessing that entertainment purposes is a one way concept to you. You've been had.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #79
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Zuljin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Defiance
Posts: 24,798
Liked 5293 Times on 4509 Posts


What? I aint playing. If I go to bar, unlikely as I can drink in the comfort of my own home, on a sofa with recliners and cup holders and lights and it fuqqing vibrates, and I go to a bar and I pay the bar price for booze, dude, make my drink and be damn glad I ordered that. My choice of drink says you get paid tonight, bar keep.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Have you ever had decent sex that didn't involve shoving a foot somewhere? Didn't think so. :drunk:

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #80
TheCarnie
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Greenville, South Carolina
Posts: 184
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
What? I aint playing. If I go to bar, unlikely as I can drink in the comfort of my own home, on a sofa with recliners and cup holders and lights and it fuqqing vibrates, and I go to a bar and I pay the bar price for booze, dude, make my drink and be damn glad I ordered that. My choice of drink says you get paid tonight, bar keep.
Sounds like the bartenders in your town are happy you stay at home.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Choice of beers tonight... M-P Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 1 02-06-2010 02:35 AM
Poor choice of words? MrNate Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 4 10-23-2008 03:11 PM
You Decide '08. The choice is obvious. xellios Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 0 02-03-2008 09:07 PM
Never drink alone again Orpheus Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 7 07-28-2007 01:57 AM
If you had a choice... dblvsn Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 4 07-13-2007 01:37 AM


Forum Jump