What your drink of choice says about you - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What your drink of choice says about you

Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #21
EdMerican

Recipes 

Nov 2010
St Louis, MO
Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
Know what would cause hair pulling for me? (almost does as a non-bartender)

having 23 varieties of awesome beer including 6 cask ales, and 90% of people order a michelob ultra.

Call me crazy, but I could not just hold my tongue.
Sweet jeebus! where are you drinking that has SIX beers on cask?!?! I have seen one or two. But I could spend a whole weekend in a place that has 6.

"Hell, If it don't turn out good we'll just distill it and get drunk!" - My dad...

Old 10-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #22
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5303 Times on 4516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
I thought it was pretty funny. I have 2 to add-

Vodka cranberry- Yes she's coming home with you. No, you're not going to like it.

Bloody Mary- It is either a) brunch or you are Abe Vigota.
Cape Cods are the best way to drink both vodka and cranberry juice. Isopropyl alcohol is still cheaper.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
JoeMomma85
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Florida, Florida
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike280Z View Post
found this as a response online to a terribly written article and laughed and figured others would enjoy as well.
Didn't you learn that in the Buffalo Wild Wings thread there is a strict no laughing ass off policy enforced here?

mike280Z Likes This 
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #24
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Not for nothin' but none of the other senior members here post under multiple accounts... I didnt have any reason to say that. None at all.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #25
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

Quote:
There is a VERY specific mustache wearer here in New York. Knowing almost nothing about NM, I have to assume that most people with beards and mustaches... are dudes with beards and mustaches.

There's a certain set here that wear high-maintenance facialhair almost in mockery of facial hair itself. The guy with just that little soulpatch under his bottom lip is, 80-90% of the time, not to be trusted alone in a room with your cat. Long red beard guy from $5 shirts ads, I am 100% certain, spends time at his parents' "country home" and jokes that his beard is "redneck chic" F that guy. And my personal favorite, the early 20 something with a handlebar mustache. Look at me! Look at me! I'm a frigging tool and I'll cheat on your sister.
No high maintenance beard here. Unless "mountain man" is a high maintenance style.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #26
mike280Z
Recipes 

Aug 2012
norfolk, Virginia
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMomma85 View Post
Didn't you learn that in the Buffalo Wild Wings thread there is a strict no laughing ass off policy enforced here?
i thought my bringing this up in the ramblings section would give me the benefit of the doubt, but i didnt check to make sure i was allowed to find it amusing first. beginner mistake again on my part for sure.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
Jayhem
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Culpeper, VA
Liked 278 Times on 225 Posts

I guess I'll be taking a slap in the face too...

If it's not a microbrew, I'll order wine sometimes, but never a glass, always a bottle to split with the wife and or/friends with a meal...and not just any wine, almost always it's from a local vineyard because I love our local wines. Then again we don't have "bars" in VA...all establishments that serve here must also serve food so it's rare that I go out just for a drink.

Only an immature drinker or those with no palate do not appreciate a fine wine with the proper food pairing.
Keg #1: White Mosaic Pale Ale
Keg #2: Empty
Drinking: Amber Ale, White Mosaic Pale Ale

Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Not for nothin' but none of the other senior members here post under multiple accounts... I didnt have any reason to say that. None at all.
whachoo talkin bout?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #29
pohldogg
Recipes 

Apr 2011
louisville, KY
Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy

Every time they get hit by cars on their fancy bikes, I smile inside.
As a cyclist that still has scars from cars it's not funny. No matter how stupid the mustache. Sorry, pet peeve.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #30
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

They ride like a-holes here. There's a war going on in NYC between entitled bicyclists and drivers over the last few years. My opinion doesn't apply to the millions of normal cyclists all over the country, just those like the guy I dealt with last night who think that cutting in and out between 3000lb vehicles is a good idea. A week ago I helped clean up a mess caused by a biker who witnesses said flew through a red light, and screamed at the first car that past him (car had green light). The second car didn't see him. The mess we cleaned up was the biker btw.