White house beer - Page 84 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > White house beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #831
DaBills
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Rochesterish
Posts: 256
Liked 31 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by alestateyall View Post
Yes, it passed the Mississippi House today by a vote of 73-36. The bill now goes to the governor. He is expected to sign it (he has signed 5 beer bills before), plus we got 2/3rd majority in both houses.
Congratulations that's awesome news.
__________________
Go Bills!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #832
BaltimoreBrau
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Baltimore, MD
Posts: 56
Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts


Congrats!

I got the WH Honey Ale kit for Xmas, hope to brew it up early next month.
__________________
Bottled: Winter Ale
Kegged: Blood Orange Hefeweizen
Up Next: White House Honey Ale
Up Next: Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #833
ericbw
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 2,681
Liked 711 Times on 437 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgtrumpet

Thanks! Just wondering what rate other people were fermenting at. It's only been 3 days and I can hardly stand it. Need to go purchase another fermenter this weekend so I can get started on my second brew.

M
I went 4 weeks and bottled today. FG was 1.012, but I am not sure of the OG. It calculates to about 1.064 I think, but my reading was 1.052. Prob from top off water not mixing.

What are others getting for OG/FG?
__________________
www.thejewelofthemidwest.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #834
BansheeRider
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BansheeRider's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 1,511
Liked 102 Times on 93 Posts


I plan on making the Porter soon. My LHBS do not have the recommended hops for the recipe so I am going to use some left over hops I have in the freezer. Let me know if you think this sounds good....

Boil .5oz Columbus Hops 45min
Flameout use .5oz Willamette for aroma.

My IBU is 37 with this hop schedule. The recipe calls for an IBU of 25-45, so I think I'll be good with this. What do you guys think?
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #835
passintyme1
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2


I actually brewed the honey ale all grain 7 mo ago and it's a good beer,but give about 1 mo to mello out a liittle after kegging or bottleing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #836
mlgtrumpet
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
Posts: 14


Question about the White House Honey Ale. Is this supposed to be a very "heady" beer? I have very little foam and it's been bottled for almost 2 months. I have to pour pretty heavy to get a half inch or so of foam. Thoughts? Experiences?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #837
BansheeRider
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BansheeRider's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 1,511
Liked 102 Times on 93 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgtrumpet View Post
Question about the White House Honey Ale. Is this supposed to be a very "heady" beer? I have very little foam and it's been bottled for almost 2 months. I have to pour pretty heavy to get a half inch or so of foam. Thoughts? Experiences?
How much priming sugar? How long in the fridge? It could also be how you clean your glass.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #838
sweetcell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
sweetcell's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,144
Liked 981 Times on 710 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BansheeRider View Post
I plan on making the Porter soon. My LHBS do not have the recommended hops for the recipe so I am going to use some left over hops I have in the freezer. Let me know if you think this sounds good....

Boil .5oz Columbus Hops 45min
Flameout use .5oz Willamette for aroma.

My IBU is 37 with this hop schedule. The recipe calls for an IBU of 25-45, so I think I'll be good with this. What do you guys think?
should be great. willamette is pretty mild so you probably won't get a whole lot from it, but that's ok since porters aren't supposed to be heavy on the hop aroma anyways. go for it.
__________________
What hops should I grow? Looking for cheap honey?
- Drinking: BPA made with ingredients from NHC, 2 blends of a rye sour: ECY20 + ECY34, local sour cherry kriek #2, brett'ed Belgian blond on raspberries
- Aging: Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout (half on coconut), sour blond on second-use cherries, English Barleywine (half on brett), 3726 saison w/ brett x2 (dregs mix & Lochristi), GNO 3724 saison w/ brett mix, sour cherry mead, acerglyn, and a few other sours...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #839
KYchemBrewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Louisville, KY
Posts: 24


Ericbw,

Had the same issue almost exactly.

I calculated the OG to be just above 1.060 but it measured at 1.050-1.052.

Still in the primary so not sure how far down the gravity will drop.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #840
alestateyall
 
alestateyall's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Posts: 734
Liked 89 Times on 58 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchemBrewer
Ericbw,

Had the same issue almost exactly.

I calculated the OG to be just above 1.060 but it measured at 1.050-1.052.

Still in the primary so not sure how far down the gravity will drop.
If you brewed an extract batch then the main variable which can cause you to miss your gravity is final volume. If you under boiled (too much wort left after boil) or added too much top up water then your gravity will be low.

As Ericbw mentions not vigorously stirring the top up water can lead to a low gravity reading also.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump