Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I love brew day.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
el_horno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default I love brew day.

That is all.

HeadyKilowatt Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 88

It is even better when you get to listen to your favorite college football team play on the radio.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
jerrodm
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It is even better when you have a batch in bottles that's just hitting its stride. Nothing like a mandatory stay-at-home day to give me a chance to really enjoy that ESB that's been sitting around aging for a month and a half. "Sorry hon, I'd totally go with you but I'm right in the middle of this mash. Going to be at least another three hours..."

Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
loud1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I especially love a brew day when the family won't be around to distract me from stickin my face into the steamy goodness of the boiling wort, I love that smell!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Whattawort
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
I especially love a brew day when the family won't be around to distract me from stickin my face into the steamy goodness of the boiling wort, I love that smell!
I would kill to have a brew day when no one else is around (maybe my neighbor). I'm sure some of you can sympathize how hard it is to get a "good" brew day in when you have a 3yr old bouncing around the house and a wife who's somewhere around the house but you don't know where. I brew in my garage which is less than ideal for a 3yr old to play especially when there's an open flame. One day....one day I'll have a solid day to myself and maybe actually be able to pay attention to every step. You should see my notes. It has partial numbers and half sentences littered throughout. Don't even know why I try to take them.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare
el_horno Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Jeepinctbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Brew day is awesome, i had some friends over this weekend and i told them i was setting up for brew day, they said i have the best hobby ever
they tasted my beer and they said they couldn't believe it was homebrew
Bottled-Shining star pale ale

Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
I would kill to have a brew day when no one else is around (maybe my neighbor). I'm sure some of you can sympathize how hard it is to get a "good" brew day in when you have a 3yr old bouncing around the house and a wife who's somewhere around the house but you don't know where. I brew in my garage which is less than ideal for a 3yr old to play especially when there's an open flame. One day....one day I'll have a solid day to myself and maybe actually be able to pay attention to every step. You should see my notes. It has partial numbers and half sentences littered throughout. Don't even know why I try to take them.
I agree it is hard to brew when you have toddlers around. Thus, when I get a free day to brew I use all three burners to do three separate beers instead of just making one brew. I start each beer 30 minutes after the previous one.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 439 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Brew day is awesome. Today is one of those awesome days, my dad is coming over to help which I'm looking forward too. I cant do solo brew days for the next 5 months as I just has shoulder(5 weeks ago) and cant do any of the required lifting. Luckily my girlfriend is strong enough(she may be stronger than me she deadlifts 300 and squats 700), and my dads willing to do some bonding time over a brew day.
justin2001fox Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
jerrodm
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
I can sympathize with that. I kind of gave up brewing when my kids were that age, due both to space constraints (we were living in an apartment) and their craziness. Now that they're older (6 and 7) and we have a house, it's so much better. We have a side porch that becomes the "Daddy Zone" when I'm brewing. They help out in the kitchen, bagging hops and whatnot, but the patio is only for grownups, so I don't have to worry about one of them lighting themselves on fire.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Whattawort
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 34

The worst part is that if I brew during the day, I'm expected to do yard work during the mash and general housework during the boil. I'll get past the hot break, control the boil and then it's off to check something off the honey-do list. I have a nifty little digital timer I'll set for the hop additions and carry that around with me. The timer also doubles as the "time out" timer, so it's kinda amusing to see my kid's face when it goes off for the next hop addition. He doesn't even go to time out that often. Ah...parenthood.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare