Return of the 10der & Mild - 10 Day Mild Ale - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Return of the 10der & Mild - 10 Day Mild Ale

Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #11
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

So! Chilling was quite the adventure! I'm running low on transfer hoses (I'm just about to replace all of my vinyl with silicone) and I misplaced one of them..... so I had to work with a short hose.

I recirculated wort through the chiller for 30 min to drop the temp. inside the kettle down to 80*F, then ran one more pass through the chiller into the fermenter. (I actually pumped into fermenter via its' spigot!! I only did this because it's a brand new, unused Ale Pail, and I've soaked it in StarSan all day long. I also circ'ed boiling water for 20min through the entire pump/CFC setup (during my mash) and followed it with recircing StarSan through the whole kit. I'm pretty sure everything was clean enough to pull it off.)

Next projects before I brew again are:
- Need a protective box for the pump to live inside of.
- Need new hoses, upgrade to silicone, add QD's instead of barbs????? *wishful*
- Find a good clamp to keep the return hose in place on the kettle.
- Build ice water recirc bucket! Ground water was still too warm to get past 73*F.

I don't know if I'll work no-sparge into my outdoor brewing rig, or just keep it on the list for my indoor rig. But my long-term game plan is to convert some of my equipment and set up an eBrewery in my basement, in a single pump RIMS style most likely.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 12-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #12
lawlslawls
Recipes 

Oct 2014
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

sorry to necro, but I'd really like to know if OP's mild came out as good using 5.5lbs of 2 row instead of the MO/2row blend?