What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had? - Page 52 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #511
Lushife
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS
That might be it. Was there another beer from around that time in a blue or purple bottle? If not than that's it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #512
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife

That might be it. Was there another beer from around that time in a blue or purple bottle? If not than that's it.
That's gotta be it. It's pretty well regarded as the worst beer ever. The BeerAdvocate reviews are pretty damn funny.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #513
Lushife
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

That's gotta be it. It's pretty well regarded as the worst beer ever. The BeerAdvocate reviews are pretty damn funny.
Ok awesome thanks all. It's been bugging which beer it was and its been so long that I couldn't remember.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 AM   #514
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife

Ok awesome thanks all. It's been bugging which beer it was and its been so long that I couldn't remember.
It's definitely one you want to forget.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:15 AM   #515
Lushife
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS

It's definitely one you want to forget.
Did I win the thread?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #516
firestem4
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 173
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


Stone brewing smoked porter. I couldn't take more than than a few sips before I poured out the rest. It tasted like pure liquid smoke.

The other one that was awful was Mission Brewery hefeweizen. It was anything but a hef. It was clear, felt like I was drinking a bad ale. Dull flavors, a strange aftertaste. I managed to finish the 6 pack but I didn't really enjoy it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #517
KuntzBrewing
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 630
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts


Has anyone noticed bells two heartted changing recipes or process, the recent 6 pack tasted nothing like previous ones, and it has always been one of my favorities

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #518
dannypo
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Near Detroit
Posts: 353
Liked 42 Times on 30 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntzBrewing View Post
Has anyone noticed bells two heartted changing recipes or process, the recent 6 pack tasted nothing like previous ones, and it has always been one of my favorities
Look at the bottling date. Bells' biggest issue for me is flavor stability. Hop Slam and Two Hearted go downhill quick. Even Oberon changes. When fresh it has a big Saaz character.and tastes kind of like a Czech Pilsener. After a few weeks the hops disapeer and the beer gets pretty boring.

jonmohno Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #519
Moonlighter
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Sequim, Washington
Posts: 158
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Just tried a Rogue Maple Bacon Ale. Smelled like car tires and the taste? Couldn't manage more than two sips; the second sip was to confirm the horrible taste of the first. I'm glad my nephew wasted the $15 on this one
__________________
"The best beer is 'more' beer."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #520
Lushife
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NWEagle
Just tried a Rogue Maple Bacon Ale. Smelled like car tires and the taste? Couldn't manage more than two sips; the second sip was to confirm the horrible taste of the first. I'm glad my nephew wasted the $15 on this one
I really wanna try it. Maybe tomorrow.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had? MeatyPortion General Beer Discussion 2431 08-06-2016 08:09 PM
How do craft/commercial brewers get their beers in stores so fast. scoundrel General Beer Discussion 37 12-30-2014 12:44 AM
My worst brew day so far. B33R General Beer Discussion 19 01-10-2014 11:29 PM
Commercial Craft beer:A pint is not a pint... OldWorld General Beer Discussion 6 05-28-2012 01:46 AM
Best / worst commercial beer labels and brewery logos Scooby_Brew General Beer Discussion 26 02-17-2012 09:44 PM


Forum Jump