The ONE difference between men and women - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The ONE difference between men and women

Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #51
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
You know what's really HAWT?

When you and your girlfriend/spouse have the same one.

I had an ex girlfriend who had the same hots as I did for Nigella Lawson. Those were the days.
Nigella? WELL PLAYED!

I knew I respected you.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #52
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8019 Times on 5603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot View Post
My longest relationship was 4 years. I have been in 5 monogamous relationships that lasted over 1 year.
I've been in two long-term relationships. The first was 18 years, and the second was/is 12+. Being in 5 relationships that lasted a year isn't really "monogamous", except maybe unless you call it "serial monogamy".

Relationships are NOT about children, although many people have them. It's about having a life partner.

In a one-year relationship, it's not even close to a life-term partnership. That's great if you're happy like that, but it's NOT a "long term relationship" at all. That's a short term relationship, monogamous or not.

Anyway, my whole "freebie" thing got totally derailed.

I have to play my newest Pearl Jam CD to recover from it.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #53
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

SWMBO and I modified the freebe rules a bit. I have a list of women who I am allowed to call her in the middle of the night and say "can I please can please can I PLEEEAAASE?!!!" without repercussion... and she has Vigo Mortensen. Oh, and the new (British) Sherlock Holmes guy. Anyway...

Ultimately Sir H is right in a way. Sex is way easier to get than it should be, really. In college I used the pickup line "hey, I have a dorm room close to here, do you want to go there with me" successfully. but finding that one person who will put up with your (my) nonsense day after day is difficult.

But to return to the topic at hand, to make the freebe thing actually work out without jealousy and repercussion... it would have to be a night with me, my wife, Bjork, Vigo, Natalie Portman, and the Sherlock guy. I dont think either of us could make that work, honestly. I think I'll stick with my wife.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #54
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I've been in two long-term relationships. The first was 18 years, and the second was/is 12+. Being in 5 relationships that lasted a year isn't really "monogamous", except maybe unless you call it "serial monogamy".

Relationships are NOT about children, although many people have them. It's about having a life partner.

In a one-year relationship, it's not even close to a life-term partnership. That's great if you're happy like that, but it's NOT a "long term relationship" at all. That's a short term relationship, monogamous or not.

Anyway, my whole "freebie" thing got totally derailed.

I have to play my newest Pearl Jam CD to recover from it.
I told my wife long before we started dating, "a year is easy. If I absolutely had to... I mean HAD to, I could date a dude for a year."

Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #55
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

At this particular moment, mine'd be Zooey Deschanel.

Except she might not be allowed to talk. I mean, I'll give her a chance to prove she can talk like a normal person, but if she fails I'll have to shut her mouth. I think I might have an idea of what I can use to fill that particular hole...

Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #56
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
, New Jersey
Liked 847 Times on 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
You know how you and your partner have the "FREEBIE?" The one if you met in person, you could have relations with, and no problem?
I'd take your dominatrix avatar as my freebie.
(The one you're using now kind of homophobes me out. )

But that's a "safe" choice like Bob's McDonalds girl.

Not really because now if my wife sees this she'll think I want her to be the dominatrix.

You really can't win at this game!

Edit to say:
WhooHooo. She’s back! Let the fantasies begin.
(Would a dancing banana smiley be too much?)

Reason: better than making a new post . . .

Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #57
pigsaarz

Recipes 

Apr 2012
melbourne, victoria
Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

According to Robert Winston ( The human body ) it is not in our makeup to stay in a monogamous relationship for more than 4 years, the same as a fox. As for fantasies about who you would like to be with I saw the movie "The Acid House" where the husband eventually told his wife he had been having an affair with Dolly Parton and I definitely wouldn't like what he got for his fantasy admission!
(I have to wear a tee shirt to bed which say's "NO I'm not David Beckham")

Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #58
sfrisby

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Atlanta, GA
Liked 276 Times on 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot
Studies have shown that women look for a LOT of different things in a man. Men mostly go for "is she hot?" For instance, women will rate a man's physical attractiveness very differently if they know his career, income level, etc. For guys, it generally doesn't matter much. Think about it: Women will tell you that men can be "hot" in 3-piece suits, carrharts, tee shirts, khakis, uniforms, etc. Women are hot in short skirts, bikinis, and less. See the difference there? One is about social status, value as a protector/provider/etc... and the other is about skin. That's just how it is.

That IS a fundamental difference between men and women.

IMHO, there's one reason to be faithful: kids. Otherwise, hey, maybe there's someone better. Maybe it'll take you 10 years to find her. Maybe the person you're with right now is a great person and will always be a great person. But if there's somebody better, there's nothing shameful about wanting to find that person. The notion that you will meet the one person who is right for you is just a crock. LOTS of people are REALLY cool. I mean, do people really think that if they hadn't met their current spouse that their life would have been completely empty and lonely? Bah! Of course not! You would have just found somebody else. There's thousands of people you'd probably be interested in, if the situation were right. So get the idea of someone being perfect for you completely out of your head.

The important thing is honesty and integrity and character. Be upfront about it and there isn't really much of a problem. Love is such bull****. We make people feel like they need to stay in relationships they don't want to be in, do more than they want to do, change who they are to appease another person. Then we wonder why half of marriages wind up in divorce. F that. Just be happy with yourself, treat your partners with respect, and stand up for yourself and others as human beings, whatever your or their interests or desires may be. A man, or a woman, is not something to be captured and tamed and tricked into a relationship.

In my life, I've dated about 10 girls who I knew I could be totally happy having a committed relationship with. They were all great girls. And I can count my bad relationships on one hand... I'm generally pretty good at pushing away the wrong ones for me. But ultimately, I'm better for having all the time in the world to find the people that mean the most to me. All the pressures of "settling down" or whatever is for chumps and people who want the suburban dream.

One of my current GF's has a kid. And that kid is awesome. We've talked about it. I've got no interest in playing baby's daddy. But I've got no issue whatsoever being a male role model and enjoying watching him grow up to be a man. This summer, I helped teach him to swim and, I just have to say, that was AWESOME! Other women I'm with just have to accept the fact that I think the kid is pretty cool and I enjoy seeing him grow up. If they can't handle that, then they just don't have any respect for being a decent human being. If their need to have me is greater than their appreciation for what it means to have relationships with people, then they just aren't right for me.

I grew up with lots of positive male role models. My dad is one of the best people on the planet, as far as I'm concerned (and is still married to my mother), but I remember lots of other grown up guys that were really cool and taught me a lot as well. You don't need to be called "Dad" to be a great guy and to have a huge positive impact on a child's life. And you don't need a woman to make your life complete.

As for freebies... they're all freebies to me. Just don't make stupid choices.

Just my two cents.
You feel better getting that off your chest?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #59
mbauer013
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

Ahh, my wife and I discussed this ince, and I was surprised, her answers were much more based on looks than I thought they would be, not sure how to think of that since I'm a lot more Homer simpson than Vin Diesel. What's funny is her asnwer to my top three (Jessica Biel , Emma Watson, and Jessica Alba) was " Yeah if I was a guy, I'd do them too" Ahh the funny things that are said in my house.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #60
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7688 Times on 6277 Posts

Pretty sure I could hang my hat on the main difference between men and women.

People Like This