Washing hands after bathroom use.. - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Washing hands after bathroom use..

Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 229 Times on 160 Posts

A friend of mine got dysentery in Morocco probably because of someone not washing their hands.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 554 Times on 390 Posts

Okay okay, my post was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
A friend of mine got dysentery in Morocco probably because of someone not washing their hands.
Either that, or just being in Morocco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

Remember folks, always carry a spray bottle of StarSan wherever you go.

For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.
― William Shakespeare

bioguy Likes This 
Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
bioguy
Recipes 

Mar 2005
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

I never use the sink in the bathroom--who knows what kind of crap is on the handles (me actually--I had students swab them for class once). Think about this--you wash your hands, get all of the bacteria off, turn the knob off and just reinoculate your hand with whatever crap the last guy had on his hands. To prevent this, you need turn the water on, wash your hands, get a paper towel and use it to turn the water off. Then dry your hands and don't touch the door handle on the way off. It's a bathroom - one of the crappiest places. I have a sink behind the desk in my lab--I use it instead.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 229 Times on 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Either that, or just being in Morocco.
Well yeah but I think he knows exactly were he got it. BTW Morocco is not a dirty or unsafe country just very different of what are we used to its trully a fascinating place to visit Ive there three times and I want to go back

Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #27
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

what about those of us who use the purell dispensor?

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #28
CoalCracker

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Macungie, Pa
Liked 106 Times on 65 Posts

Nope, Purell is for after the bathroom handwashing. Sequence of events. pee or poo ->wash hands with soap and water -> open door with towel ->walk back to desk ->comment on person that didn't wash their hands to your buddies -> see who get's uncomfortable.-> add them to the list for confirmation -> wash with Purell.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #29
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2724 Times on 1597 Posts

There have been two occasions when I've walked into the office bathroom (the BR is outside of the office and is a shared BR for other offices on the same floor. I walked to the sink to wash my hands and could see papers on the floor in the stall. "Gross." I think. "I hope that's not a file I have to touch."

I looked a little closer (not like creepy close, just like a WTF is that? glance) and realized that's not a file. That's pron. Like black and white photocopies of pron.

I walked up the hall in our office and everyone was there, so I assume it must have been a neighbor or a mintenance guy.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #30
nasty_rabbit
Recipes 

Feb 2012
auburn, georgia
Liked 110 Times on 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
There have been two occasions when I've walked into the office bathroom (the BR is outside of the office and is a shared BR for other offices on the same floor. I walked to the sink to wash my hands and could see papers on the floor in the stall. "Gross." I think. "I hope that's not a file I have to touch."

I looked a little closer (not like creepy close, just like a WTF is that? glance) and realized that's not a file. That's pron. Like black and white photocopies of pron.

I walked up the hall in our office and everyone was there, so I assume it must have been a neighbor or a mintenance guy.
Photo copies of prawn? There were shrimp on the floor?