I have a couple questions for the people who have brewed this beer. I am too lazy to read all the pages of info.
I am trying to brew a batch my wife (i refuse to use the term swmbo :P ) will like.
This hefeweizen is my best guess.
I am looking for a rich creamy mouthfeel, sweet delicious beer with banana ester.
1. How is the mouthfeel of the beer? I want a creamy rich beer. Has anyone felt it necessary to add dextrine or carapils to the batch?
2. how is the final sweetness? my wife doesnt like bitter at all. When she drinks wine she drinks the liquid candy kinda stuff. I dont want to get outta whack to far on this beer but I want it to be sweet in the end so she likes it, but I also want to like it.
3. beersmith is telling me that not even a full 1 liter starter is enough for the 3068. I usually make a .75 liter starter for almost every batch and have had great luck. Any reason to think this will be different.
4. Is the recipe on page 1 the most up to date widely accepted way to go on this beer or is there changes. I have read some stuff about red wheat and other stuff.
5. Do you think this will be a good style for my girl? I really want to make a beer she will like. She is super supportive but doenst like beer at least not yet, and id like to change that.