Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Sour Ale > All-Grain - Cuvée Mon Cherié

Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
bellmtbbq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 125

This is.... Incredible. Once I get my first wild ale going, I'll have to try a ~1.100 sour beer. Looks like a wine! Awesome

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 09-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #12
brwagur
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

As a new brewer in Boise I have a pretty stupid question: Where do you get your East Coast yeast? Just order it online before it sells out? Both the LHBS that I visit have pretty abysmal yeast selections when it comes to the funkier stuff.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
Bradthoc
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwagur View Post
As a new brewer in Boise I have a pretty stupid question: Where do you get your East Coast yeast? Just order it online before it sells out? Both the LHBS that I visit have pretty abysmal yeast selections when it comes to the funkier stuff.

I believe that's what I've heard. Your best bet is to order directly from ECY. As for your LHBS, this might be the case with most. I had to special order my bugs. I don't think they're nearly as common to keep a nice supply stocked at all times.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew
On-Deck: DIPA, Fauxgaarden Wit

Old 09-20-2014, 02:34 AM   #14
BlkWater_brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwagur View Post
East Coast Yeast is a real PIA to get, having a 45 day wait for stock was not unusual. I get it from Love2Brew when it's available. Check out theyeastbay.com, they're on your side of the country and I have never had an issue with availability. Still use ECY, but I rely on The Yeast Bay for bugs

Old 11-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #15
Pole
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Thinking about giving this a go using ECY's Dirty Dozen Brett blend.

OP if you're checking this, anything you'd do differently? How much of an impact do you think the acetic stout had on the outcome? Wondering if it's necessary, at which point I'll have to reserve a quart of the Tart of Darkness clone I'm about to do with Bug County.

Bulk aging: Hurricane Neddy, Bug Farm Sour, Cherry Menace

Fermenting: Consecration clone