Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Time Lapse fermentation

Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
murppie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Time Lapse fermentation

So I'm in the middle of my first pumpkin ale, and I think (more hope) its going well. I just transferred off some pumpkin and trub and into secondary. It was a little while ago, and now I'm starting to see a few signs of fermentation.

Most of my brews just clear up in secondary, haven't ever had it start back up. I'm ok, right?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
keesh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When you say a few signs of fermentation, you are probably referring to bubbles and apparent movement in the fermenter, right? If you've hit your terminal gravity (i.e. you took several gravity readings over a period of a week to determine the gravity hasn't changed) then it probably won't ferment any more. What is most likely happening, because you said you transferred only a little while ago, is that you are simply releasing some CO2 that was in suspension in your beer from the fermentation. If you said you saw visible signs of fermentation a day later, I might think that the act of transferring could have put some more yeast back into suspension (if you got a bunch of trub into your siphon) to restart fermentation, but I don't think that is the case.

TL;DR - you're fine.
On deck - EdWort's Haus Pale