Messing with SWMBO - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Messing with SWMBO

Old 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #61
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2726 Times on 1599 Posts

Turd Ferguson?
Yeah? Whaddya want?
You buzzed in.
No I didn't.
Yes you did.
That's your opinion.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #62
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Good God Man! How hard did you poke her?
She keeps asking me to poke her harder, but after a while my back hurts.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #63
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

Trebek: Mr. Connery, let's see your answer. I'm sorry Alex.
Connery: That I am. I know I give you a hard time, but it's all in good fun, I mean you know that don't you?
Trebek: Well of course I do... Sean. Let's see what you wagered, friend... Trebek is such a fruit.
Connery: Ha!

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 09-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #64
sfrisby

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Atlanta, GA
Liked 276 Times on 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Last night the wife moved two of my gallon fermenters, one in each hand. I started laughing hysterically (I had been drinking, and I was rather tired). "What?" she said smiling. I couldnt get it out I was laughing so hard. "WHAT?! C'mon tell me!" big smile. She lost the smile instantly and gave me the Destroyer of Worlds face when I finally choked out "Nice jugs!"
I just read this to my wife. Her reply,after she stopped laughing, "Oh my god, you are all alike!"

Safety in numbers, gents.

People Like This 
Old 09-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #65
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA
Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts

Here's one I tried recently that didn't work:

Winding down the evening, we were kicked back in our recliners enjoying a couple home-brews. She gave me the "I'm empty, refill please" glass waggle. I returned with two fresh glasses, mine with beer, hers with chicken noodle soup. Since the lights were dimmed, I was hoping she wouldn't notice before she took a sip. But she did.

I will wait a couple weeks and try again.

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

People Like This 
Old 09-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #66
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 229 Times on 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterbite View Post
Here's one I tried recently that didn't work:

Winding down the evening, we were kicked back in our recliners enjoying a couple home-brews. She gave me the "I'm empty, refill please" glass waggle. I returned with two fresh glasses, mine with beer, hers with chicken noodle soup. Since the lights were dimmed, I was hoping she wouldn't notice before she took a sip. But she did.

I will wait a couple weeks and try again.
LOL. try it with the coffe at morning time, maybe been a little asleep she will fall :P

Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #67
mcspanner
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Liked 563 Times on 248 Posts

Here's one I did some years ago to a former SWMBO. It was based on a prank I once heard someone pulled on an old college friend so I had banked it for future use when the time was right. We used to prank quite a bit but this was a big one and the time needed to be right.

Late night motorway journeys would invariably turn out that I would drive and SWMBO would promise to stay awake to keep me company but would be asleep within 10 minutes of departure. One night we were travelling and had about a four hour drive to get home so I lasted about three hours of debating with myself whether to go ahead with the prank or not. In the end I decided I would go for it, so here's what I did.

I found a service area on the motorway and pulled in to it then drove over to where the truck parking area was and quickly found a lorry which had the engine idling and the lights on whilst the driver built up air pressure before setting off again. I pulled the car across the front of the lorry so that the passenger side was about 10' in front of it then grabbed SWMBO arm and screamed "AAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!". So there she was jolted into consciousness and the first thing she sees is the front of a massive truck "heading for" us.

We have a saying in the UK that " the air turned blue" meaning that some choice language was being deployed, this was more ultraviolet..... But at least I had company for the final hour of the journey to help me stay alert!

People Like This 
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #68
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcspanner
Here's one I did some years ago to a former SWMBO. It was based on a prank I once heard someone pulled on an old college friend so I had banked it for future use when the time was right. We used to prank quite a bit but this was a big one and the time needed to be right.

Late night motorway journeys would invariably turn out that I would drive and SWMBO would promise to stay awake to keep me company but would be asleep within 10 minutes of departure. One night we were travelling and had about a four hour drive to get home so I lasted about three hours of debating with myself whether to go ahead with the prank or not. In the end I decided I would go for it, so here's what I did.

I found a service area on the motorway and pulled in to it then drove over to where the truck parking area was and quickly found a lorry which had the engine idling and the lights on whilst the driver built up air pressure before setting off again. I pulled the car across the front of the lorry so that the passenger side was about 10' in front of it then grabbed SWMBO arm and screamed "AAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!". So there she was jolted into consciousness and the first thing she sees is the front of a massive truck "heading for" us.

We have a saying in the UK that " the air turned blue" meaning that some choice language was being deployed, this was more ultraviolet..... But at least I had company for the final hour of the journey to help me stay alert!
That is pure genius. I wish my wife could sleep during car rides.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #69
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcspanner View Post

I did this once. Friggin hilarious and worth every minute I spent on the couch (and the subsequent bruised arm). The dutch oven was a close second but that time she was the one that slept on the couch. Both of those were early in the marriage. No way I could get away with either now. I often wonder what happened to her since of humor.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #70
Beer_is_good_for_you
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Everett, WA
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcspanner View Post

I've considered this in one form or another many times as we (I) do a lot of long drives.

I like this thread. It gives me ideas.