Messing with SWMBO - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Messing with SWMBO

Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #41
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Last night the wife moved two of my gallon fermenters, one in each hand. I started laughing hysterically (I had been drinking, and I was rather tired). "What?" she said smiling. I couldnt get it out I was laughing so hard. "WHAT?! C'mon tell me!" big smile. She lost the smile instantly and gave me the Destroyer of Worlds face when I finally choked out "Nice jugs!"

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This 
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #42
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA
Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts

Just don't try to exploit any irrational fears.

My wife is deathly afraid of spiders. It is not a joking matter. She turns pale white, faints, the whole shabang. It is my duty to destroy any and all spiders I encounter that might possibly cross her path. Funny thing is, show her a snake and she get's all ooey gooey and wants to hold it.

I have never purposely messed with her in this way, but once she got pissed at me because unbeknownst to her I had taken a cool macro digital pic of this freaky garden spider and she found it while scrolling through the camera.

She was completely unreasonable and was convinced that I did it on purpose. She probably still thinks that. That's the problem with being a practical joker...sometimes you get blamed for crap you didn't do. Oh well...it's still worth it.

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #43
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2012
Elgin, ND
Liked 336 Times on 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Ask who her favorite US President was. If she is awesome, she will say Lincoln. If she's not so awesome she will say Washington, because seriously what a copout. If she's Canadian, I dont know what to tell you.

With that being said, once she chooses say "oh yeah? Mine was Polk"... and then poke her. If you do this every 2 or 3 years you should be able to make it work each time.
You forgot to mention that if you try this, be ready for a slap. I got a great poke in her ribs, but was totally not expecting the hand flying at my face.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #44
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2012
Elgin, ND

The one I have been able to carry on the longest came around by accident. I misspelled Awesome as Awsome and realized it really bothered her that I left off the e. That was probably 6 or 7 years ago so I have spelled it that way ever since. Texts, Emails, even cards we sign. I sign the card "Awsome Job!" and only sign my own name and leave it out for her to sign. I even argue my point about how I am right and the world is wrong. "The word is pronounced Aw-Some. Not Aw-E-Some. Why the f**k is there an E in there? People are so f**king dumb!" She hates it.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #45
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
The one I have been able to carry on the longest came around by accident. I misspelled Awesome as Awsome and realized it really bothered her that I left off the e. That was probably 6 or 7 years ago so I have spelled it that way ever since. Texts, Emails, even cards we sign. I sign the card "Awsome Job!" and only sign my own name and leave it out for her to sign. I even argue my point about how I am right and the world is wrong. "The word is pronounced Aw-Some. Not Aw-E-Some. Why the f**k is there an E in there? People are so f**king dumb!" She hates it.
As a native Massachusetts speaker, I concur. The authentic MA phoenetic spelling is "ossum".

Old 09-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #46
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterbite View Post
As a native Massachusetts speaker, I concur. The authentic MA phoenetic spelling is "ossum".
Speaking of the word concur, I will constantly use the word disconcur with my wife. She hates it so much all because "it's not in any dictionary known to man". Pshhh! I say if it follows the rules of the language it should be valid. Can't get her to agree with me.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #47
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
Speaking of the word concur, I will constantly use the word disconcur with my wife. She hates it so much all because "it's not in any dictionary known to man". Pshhh! I say if it follows the rules of the language it should be valid. Can't get her to agree with me.
I totally undissagree.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #48
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
You forgot to mention that if you try this, be ready for a slap. I got a great poke in her ribs, but was totally not expecting the hand flying at my face.
Good God Man! How hard did you poke her?

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #49
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterbite View Post
I totally undissagree.
Unpossible.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

JohnnyO Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #50
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2012
Elgin, ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Good God Man! How hard did you poke her?
I guess it probably didn't help that I did it once, and she just gave me a look and ignored me so I said it again and poked her again to get a response. I got one.

CreamyGoodness Likes This