OMG Facebook - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > OMG Facebook

Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
BrewKnurd

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Prairieville, LA
Liked 245 Times on 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
I am also a FB user and not a twitter user but I can understand wanting one platform (FB) where you know your family/coworkers are and can limit what you say and one platform (twitter) where you can keep some anonymity. Otherwise I guess the appeal is being able to follow/talk to others without giving them access to all the FB account info.
Yeah, I guess the thing for me is i don't post things that I would only feel comfortable doing with "some anonymity." So maybe that's why I don't get it. It just seems like a more limited format to me.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Taylorsville, Utah
Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Wait until you go on dailymotion.com and facebook simultaneously advertises what you are watching. My mother in law didnt really need to know that I was watching Finnish women playing strip tug of war.

Friggin facebook.
lmao
i just peed my pants a little....lol...
i have to filter myself allot not to get into sum trouble with friends, work, family... i try to keep positive unless im really pissed off.. best thing is the flood of info you can get when 90% of my likes are about beer, brewerys, homebrew, LHBS, ect. everyone thinks i grow weed or sell cause of all my hop pictures i post especially when i have them on the gram scale in the pic
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
azmark
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Would giveing that post a Thumbs Up be wrong?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

In other news, everytime someone mentions a keggle here, I picture a woman with her own beer tap.

Dont look at me like that.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

aygov Likes This 
Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #15
BrewKnurd

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Prairieville, LA
Liked 245 Times on 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
In other news, everytime someone mentions a keggle here, I picture a woman with her own beer tap.

Dont look at me like that.
I just don't look at you. Problem solved.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4855 Times on 3272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
So, I am on Facebook. I don't say too much, but I keep in touch with old friends and my kids.

But kids have no self-filters.

Here's a copy of my last conversation with my daughter (the mother of my two-year-old grandon):

Tara Lee
Ok. That's it. Time to up my amount of daily kegels.. Peeing your pants sucks!!!

Me: I do NOT want to know what prompted that moment of self discovery.
*a few seconds ago
This made me chuckle.

Oh, on an off topic... Yooper, have YOU ever done anything that might cause embarrassment to her, say on a public forum???

Old 09-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #17
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author & shootist of air

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3690 Times on 3170 Posts

Speaking of sharts,I was on youtube the last 4 days or so looking at model rockets. A hobby I was into as a teen designing them. Ran across a vid of one of those big,high powered muti-K rockets. It & the solid motor propelling it were called a sonic skidmark.
I couldn't resist replying,"& there you have it folks,the world's 1st super sonic shart!". They do sound like a butt jet at that...but the name really cracked up my benny hill side.
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #18
corkybstewart

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Carlsbad, NM
Liked 207 Times on 149 Posts

I've been on a hiring spree across the country and most of these recent college grads have friended me on FB which gives me a chance to look at photos of their their extra-curricular activities. I don't mind a few pictures of their drunken antics but I would be concerned if there were lots of pictures of them passed out in lawn chairs or face down in the yard. It makes me feel like a creepy old man but I want to know something about them before they start working for me.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #19
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7842 Times on 5495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
This made me chuckle.

Oh, on an off topic... Yooper, have YOU ever done anything that might cause embarrassment to her, say on a public forum???

Let me just say this.

I "unfriended" Homercidal.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #20
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

I remember when Facebook came out and it was exclusive to just college students. Then opened it up to everyone and it went downhill. My parents are on it and I've declined their friend requests multiple times. They don't understand that they are my parents and not my friends, and that degree of separation is good for all of us. Plus I don't want to delete every embarrassing picture or comment that they wouldn't like.

Now it seems like Facebook has devolved into constant baby picture updates - at least that seems to be what a lot of my peer group is doing now.