Friends like these... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Friends like these...

Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7726 Times on 5425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayaBrew View Post
Update on the "situation": One of the perp's cars was in the trailhead parking lot this afternoon. To my delight, the hatch was left unlocked, exposing a cooler loaded with ice and six Founder's Reds Ryes. What happened next came naturally. I took the six Founder's and replaced them with six baseball sized rocks. I'm on my third Red's Rye, and I'm waiting for a phone call or visit.:ban :
Kaya, I'm in love with you.

You totally rock.

You did what I would have done.

I'm so proud of you.

(ps. these non-friends will hate your guts now. But I love you. So that should make you feel better. )

Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
nickw85
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Chicopee, MA
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Update on the "situation": One of the perp's cars was in the trailhead parking lot this afternoon. To my delight, the hatch was left unlocked, exposing a cooler loaded with ice and six Founder's Reds Ryes. What happened next came naturally. I took the six Founder's and replaced them with six baseball sized rocks. I'm on my third Red's Rye, and I'm waiting for a phone call or visit.:ban :
That is awesome!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
slomo

Recipes 

Jan 2009
sacramento, ca.
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Well played sir! I would give a hundred dollars to see their faces when they see those rocks.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Personally, I would have just traded out the Founder's for a 6er of Milwaukee's Best or maybe some Icehouse. That's like a $.02 tip to a crappy waiter. $.02 says a lot more than stiffing them. Same thing would apply for abhorring beer.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #15
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Jay, Adirondack Mountains, NY
Liked 202 Times on 157 Posts

Thanks for all the encouragement!

24 hours later, and I have yet to hear from "Bill". Meanwhile, I drank 5 of the Founders last night over the course of 3 hours. I'm saving one to sneak back into the cooler when we all meet on Friday for a ride...

As an aside, damn is Red's Rye a delicious beer. I might actually have to buy some in the future!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
crash1292

Recipes 

Oct 2010
milwaukee
Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

refill bottles with water and re cap

Bithead Likes This 
Old 09-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
Bithead
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Southern, NJ
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1292 View Post
refill bottles with water and re cap
+1

Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #18
HawksBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 1056 Times on 972 Posts

Quote:
As an aside, damn is Red's Rye a delicious beer. I might actually have to buy some in the future!
Red's Rye PA is one of the only commercial beers I still buy regularly, and is hands down my favorite beer, period. There's just something special about it.

Oh, and good on you for fing with those idiots. They deserve what they get.