Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Limeade (margarita wine)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #51
Apple_Jacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Apple_Jacker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 553
Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I started mine over 5 weeks ago, but I have yet to bottle it. If I'm not travelling this weekend, ill get around to doing it then.


Apple_Jacker is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #52
castti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: , Maine
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 2

Default

Thank you for the info. This is the next pail project.


castti is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #53
castti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: , Maine
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 2

Default bottling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_Jacker View Post
I started mine over 5 weeks ago, but I have yet to bottle it. If I'm not travelling this weekend, ill get around to doing it then.
Bottling, for the first time there are two bottles of wine finished on the shelf. Now, what to do with them. You say you have "yet to bottle it". Is bottling a must? The blackberry wine was made in big one gallon glass bottles. Does that qualify as "bottling it" as bottling it is synonymous with being done, in my head? An off point question for you, when bottled, do the bottles go in the fridge or the pantry?
castti is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #54
Apple_Jacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Apple_Jacker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 553
Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by castti

Bottling, for the first time there are two bottles of wine finished on the shelf. Now, what to do with them. You say you have "yet to bottle it". Is bottling a must? The blackberry wine was made in big one gallon glass bottles. Does that qualify as "bottling it" as bottling it is synonymous with being done, in my head? An off point question for you, when bottled, do the bottles go in the fridge or the pantry?
Seeing how you are using a 1 gallon bottle, I wouldnt bother bottling, but if you start drinking on it, then I would store it in the fridge. When I bottled my skeeter pee, they went straight to the pantry. I prefer them cold however, so I out one in the fridge, then replace it with a warm one when I drink the cold one. When I make 1 gallon batches if cider, I never bottle them...except the last one so I can experiment with carbing and pasteurization.
Technically, wine is "done" before you bottle. Unless you plan on aging in the bottle, I suppose.
Apple_Jacker is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #55
castti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: , Maine
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 2

Default

Thank you.
castti is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #56
castti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: , Maine
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 2

Default

Started the recipe today. It smells so good. Looking forward to adding the starter tomorrow.
castti is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #57
castti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: , Maine
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 2

Default

I have been watching the starter for about 10 hours now. Truly amazing the show that mason jar has supplied. This would be an interesting science project. Took a video and put it on Facebook. Amazing! So impatiently waiting for 5 pm so I can see what it does in the pail. ????? Is the specific gravity to be done before or after putting the starter in the pail???????
castti is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #58
Apple_Jacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Apple_Jacker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 553
Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by castti
I have been watching the starter for about 10 hours now. Truly amazing the show that mason jar has supplied. This would be an interesting science project. Took a video and put it on Facebook. Amazing! So impatiently waiting for 5 pm so I can see what it does in the pail. ????? Is the specific gravity to be done before or after putting the starter in the pail???????
Beforehand
Apple_Jacker is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #59
castti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: , Maine
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 2

Default

Thank you.
castti is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #60
FTG-05
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Madison, Al
Posts: 190
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

This is the best stuff I've ever made bar none!!!

The downside is that it's so strong, I can't drink all that much or I get headaches. So, what I do is mix about two fingers with my homebrew beer and oh man!!! There be good times to be had with this combo!!!

I've already started collecting the lime juice in preparation for my next batch!!!!

Thanks AppleJacker!!!!!!


__________________
Primary:
Joe's Ancient Old Mead (JAOM) 10/26/2012
American Wheat
English Bitter
Apple Jack's Limeade Skeeter Pee
Secondary:
Skeeter Pee 10/6/2012
Bottled:
NB Cream Ale and AK47 Pale Mild
FTG-05 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS