Homebrewtalk.com "personalities" - Page 30 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #291
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

People Like This 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #292
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Southern Oregon
Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts

Your going to make me search now, gdamit

Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #293
BigB
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Shelby Twp, MI
Liked 45 Times on 39 Posts

I actually read all of the comments and was only surprised by a couple of them... but at any rate, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I always pictured Yooper like she is (I never met her but did see a picture of her a while back). But what I picture her personality is as someone who would shoot at you if you stepped on her land! This is not an insult, what I'm trying to say is that in my impression she is the consummate "yooper"... not quite someone from Michigan, not quite Minnesota, not quite American, and not quite Canadian- but a little of all. Fiercely independent, confident, a survivalist, and passionate about her beliefs.

I definitely get the highly intelligent, gentlemanly MalFet...kind of like Charles Darwin.

Now Airborneguy... wow I had that one wrong. I figured he was a mid-sixties, hippie conspiracy theorist who did one tour in a non-combat role in Vietnam and who absolutely hated the government and distrusted everyone. But a younger cop from NY? Never would have guessed it, but I guess in retrospect, it makes sense. Proof how wrong making assumptions about someone can be.

Now ChesreCat (sp?), I picture him to be like the bearded British Guy, Pim Scutney, from Beerfest... but with blonde hair and plays Rugby everyweekend then out to the pub with the team.

Overall I would say that most of the people I have met from HBT have been pretty decent group of folks who share the love for beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Revvy Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #294
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6692 Times on 3955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I definitely get the highly intelligent, gentlemanly MalFet...kind of like Charles Darwin..
I keep seeing this. Charles Peirce is probably closer, at least in interests (e.g., linguistics). That's his avatar.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #295
BigB
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Shelby Twp, MI
Liked 45 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I keep seeing this. Charles Peirce is probably closer, at least in interests (e.g., linguistics). That's his avatar.
Yeah, that fits too... I guess I was thinking Darwin because of his analytical ability more than linguistics.
EDIT: I just looked up another Charles Pierce (Charles Sander Pierce)- Yes very fitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #296
mcwilcr
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Liked 81 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn

Thanks for that! Now I remember how I recognized that picture, when I first saw it, and why I am a semiconductor process engineer and not a digital designer.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Alpha, I highly suggest you look. She was a knockout. Plus if your wife catches you, you definitely get in less trouble for seeking out Betty White. Not that I would know from experience. ahem.
Wow, you're not kidding - she was drop-dead, knockout gorgeous!

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #298
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Told ya.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #299
alpha224
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Swmbo wouldn't have caught me anyway...maybe my manager. Anyway, DAMN she was a looker, and she aged well

Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #300
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts

I always picture Revvy wearing a ceremonial pulpit robe. But instead of the septor like holy water splasher thingy (I'm sure someone knows what it's called), he carries a hydrometer.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

People Like This