Homebrewtalk.com "personalities" - Page 13 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Old 09-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #121
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

also, cape is this guy:

yeah I know he's actually in his 50's but I still think of him as that guy.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #122
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-ost
F
PassedPawn sounds "average" but I picture him looking at you with those "did you really just say that" eyes but he would never write an insult about you/the situation.
I'm guessing this to be pretty close to truth. Definitely one of the more dignified members on the forum and an example for all of us.

Cape, the PTN story made my Friday. Freakin hilarious

Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #123
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 900 Times on 712 Posts

I gotta find that effin picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #124
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Pappers is by far the most dignified, hands down. I've felt bad disagreeing with him in the past, something I never do.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #125
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Oh, and Airborne prefers a firm mattress.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #126
IXVolt

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Southern Oregon
Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
Yes, yes you do. Loved the story.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #127
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
My Aunt used to live in Cornwall, Darwin. The world is too small. By the way, judging from your posts I get the feeling that you have a full on workshop in your garage, the floor of which you could eat off of.
Oh god, I wish that was the case. I have a one car garage that is crammed with two chest freezers, a work table that doubles as my homebrew equipment storage area, a weight bench, and shelving units dedicated to paint cans, gardening, and my wife's crap from when we first moved in together - old sea shells and stuff she can't bear to throw away. There are two cat boxes in there too and I end up sweeping the floors every few days but I definitely wouldn't eat off of them.

The next house will have at least a two car garage or an outbuilding that I can call my own.

What was your aunt's last name Creamy? There are several extended families in that town like the Wojehowski's that everyone seems to be related to. By the way it was a great town to grow up in. Sure it was a boring placel, but the schools in Cornwall had the highest test grades in the county and in my senior year we won every spring OCIAA sports title.

Quote:
Darwin, no Dutchess for us, residency requirements. I can live in Putnam though and it is on our radar.
ABG, I lived in Putnam with my wife (then girlfriend) for a couple years. Our first apartment in Patterson and a couple streets away from the train station. I believe it was one of the last stops, or the last stop, that you can take the train into the city.

Putnam county was beautiful - lots of farms, lots of undeveloped land, and mountains. It was boring as hell though. There is literally nothing to do there. You'll end up either driving to Danbury or Fishkill/Poughkeepsie to find a decent place to eat that isn't a deli. I was fine with being bored, but my wife couldn't really handle that very well.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #128
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9079 Times on 7226 Posts

Quote:
Ahhhh damn it... There is a picture SOMEWHERE on HBT that, if I do say so myself, illustrates Cape Brewing perfectly (damn effin right I can roll in the third person).
Quote:
You mean this one???????????????

People Like This 
Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #129
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Ah, I had the feeling you were a precise person, since your posts have been structured. Now that I think of it, my Aunt lived in New Windsor, her son lived in Cornwall. I like visiting places that are pretty but slow and boring, but I could never do it again.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #130
mcwilcr

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Liked 81 Times on 63 Posts

I cant help but picture ABG as this guy but with big boy pants on.

MalFet is a complete enigma except that I have been trying to figure out for a while now who his avatar actually is. Every time I see it I know I have seen a picture of that person before and cant for the life of me place it.

at first I pictured Yooper as a man, im not going to lie. Once I learned better, and still to this day I picture her as as being that 50-60 year old woman at the bar who gets along with everyone and you can tell was drop dead gorgeous when she was younger.