Homebrewtalk.com "personalities" - Page 12 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #111
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

We've already established elsewhere that Moto was a seven-year old girl in 1991. The only question is whether he's now pre- or post-op.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #112
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 832 Times on 660 Posts

Ahhhh damn it... There is a picture SOMEWHERE on HBT that, if I do say so myself, illustrates Cape Brewing perfectly (damn effin right I can roll in the third person).

It's a picture of me absolutely berating PTN at one of his little cookouts a couple years ago. He talked up a huge game about his new rig and like the schmoe he is, he waited until THAT day to even put water in the damn thing to test it. Sure enough, he starts filling the thing and it looked like something out of an old cartoon... where the character gets shot with a shotgun, drinks a big thing of water and then spouts 15 streams of water... that's what the rig looked like.

I am standing there with a HUUUUGE sht-eatin' grin on, just laying into Paulie. He has this look of utter defeat on his face while he's scrambling trying to salvage whatever dignity he has left while a small group of folks look on... half awkwardly laughing with these, "Oh my God... I can't believe this person is talking to poor Paul like that" expressions on their faces while the other half just stands there in horror. It's so effin' beautiful. Excluding my two children's, I think it's my favorite picture... EVAH.... I can't believe I can't find it.

Plus you can clearly see that I am not as Az describes but, instead, super hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #113
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Now that says a lot...

We're looking at moving somewhere in Orange, possibly Warwick area. Where are you from?
I grew up in Cornwall, south of Newburgh. It's a nice town but not much going on there. Honestly, not much going on that side of river at all. I would consider Dutchess county, maybe Wappinger Falls. You'll end driving over there to get to anything worthwhile in regards to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Orange county turned into a huge relocation area for NYC people after September 11th, and IMO that influx of people ruined the area, but bumped up property values. It's a beautiful area though, and I do miss it occasionally.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #114
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

My Aunt used to live in Cornwall, Darwin. The world is too small. By the way, judging from your posts I get the feeling that you have a full on workshop in your garage, the floor of which you could eat off of.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #115
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Also, I went to Marist in Poughkeepsie, a town that is kind of hit or miss. Wappingers and Fishkill are pretty nice, I agree.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #116
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 492 Times on 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I figure Moto comes from the old voice that said 'Hello Moto' every time a Motorola phone turned one. I picture Moto snickering like a little kid every time he hears it.
lol, half this is true (second half)....

but, and, I don't mean to cross streams here (er, threads), but the "moto" is from when was I tracking my ducati.

alas, my family has racked up $$$$$ of medical bills, and I've had to sell.

but soon, my friend, i shall be riding again....

also, I picture bird as a very literal combination of his current avatar and his past avatar.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 09-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #117
H-ost

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Bellevue, WA
Liked 72 Times on 53 Posts

For some of the veteran posters I can come up with an idea (probably very wrong) of how they look but for whatever reason, my mind tends to assign voices to people's posts.

Yooper still sounds like a really sweet mid 20's chick with a heart yet not afraid to politely call you out.

Revvy has a fairly deep but slightly raspy voice from smoking for 30 years.

emjay has an extremely condescending and sarcastic tone.

Creamy/Cheezy (yes they are the same person) are pretty easily riled up but are not afraid to bow to and take advice from any of the many geniuses here on the board.

Gear101 sounds drunk.

PassedPawn sounds "average" but I picture him looking at you with those "did you really just say that" eyes but he would never write an insult about you/the situation.

(all in good fun)

Old 09-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #118
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Remember that Gear101 isn't gay or anything either because he has daughters.

Darwin, no Dutchess for us, residency requirements. I can live in Putnam though and it is on our radar.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #119
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 492 Times on 381 Posts

I could live at Putnam too!

well, this one:
www.putnampark.com
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #120
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Occupy!