Homebrewtalk.com "personalities" - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #91
Devin

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Los Alamos, NM
Liked 90 Times on 50 Posts

Fun thread. I haven't been around the board long enough to generate many visions of what people are like in real life. I may even be considered too much of a board "noob" to be able to post this, but here are a few that I have formulated based on some posts that I have seen:

Yooper - Pictures of her are pretty much what I expected based on her posts.
Revvy - I picture him to be a large guy with a somewhat low patience level. Kind of like the role that John Goodman played in the Big Lebowski.
unionrdr - For some reason, I picture him to be average build, mid-30s, and pretty easy to get along with.

Great thread - I agree with a previous sentiment of it being "vastly entertaining".

Old 09-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #92
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

This thread is very entertaining. When I read all the posts I do form a mental picture in my head of what everyone might look like. Mainly, I read all of Dan's posts like James Bond because of his avatar picture. I think of Yooper as mid fifties, petite, medium-long brown hair with a touch of gray. Her and Mr Yooper are one of those couples that are almost too cute together.
I'm still a little new here, but just so no one ever has to guess, here's me.
Warning: this picture may depict a slightly unattractive 28 year old drinking beer. Viewer discretion is advised.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1357789802.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	77166

Old 09-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #93
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

I picture Zuljin as being like Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys, only minus the looks obviously

Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #94
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2201 Times on 1380 Posts

I think of Yooper as the matriarch of HBT. She is petite and ageless. A spunky, chatty brunette haired gal happy with life, really likes beer and has many hobbies. Her and Bob's roles seem reversed in the traditional manner which to me is refreshing. I actually PM'd her a while back to tell her she reminded me very much of a friend of mine. Same personalities. When ever Yooper post a message my brain plays it in my friend's voice.

Revvy - I picture him at a large desk in a judge's smock with a pipe hanging out his mouth and a homebrew sitting next to his keyboard while he scours HBT in search of bad information that he will bring brew gospel to. I have a voice in my head as well for Revvy.. Kind of gravelly, deep and soothing when he is calm but it goes up a few octaves and becomes a preacher's hell fire and brimstone voice upon occasion.

Passepawn, I call him Pappy, because he has helped me and others so many times. Don't get me wrong, I know many other people here do the same. But I think PassedPawn's always positive posts just make me think of "Pappy" His avatar I always picture is what he looks like. He's also one very intelligent and well educated fellow but is not intimidating. Again with him, there is a very distinct voice playing in my noggin while reading Pappy's post. I saw the video when he cooled wort in his swimming pool. Voice was totally different than expected, still looked like a classic Ward Cleaver but I still hear his voice in my head different from his own.

BottleBomber.. I see him exactly as his avatar. A truly good guy, a Boy Scout of sorts. Wise beyond his years, he can be sincere and comforting and wittingly hilarious.

CreamyGoodness. Not sure if I have a picture in my mind of him other than that red headed kid on the Mad magazine cover! But talk about personalities on HBT! I love his post, his imagination, wit and humor amaze me! I don't know how many times I've broken into uncontrolled laughter at work from reading CG threads. I also see him as a sincere man, new husband, family man starting a new phase in his life with many great days ahead.

I will also say TyTanium, and Juan Moore; who usually post few words at a time always come across as devine entities to me! They are like like the Greek gods or Patron Saints of homebrewing. To me they both seem larger than life.

Ischavio - A tough a$$ed, hilarious, genious!!

Labratbrewer. Well ever since he posted the LabRatBrewer pic.. that's how I see him. What I know about him is he is creative, very smart and enjoys the Riddle thread. A lot!

Emjay.. I see his avatar. A genious of a man, diverse as the universe and not swayed by emotion except when it comes to pets.

TxBrew - To me he's the best guy in the world because he started HBT! I see him as a young FDR. He doesn't post often that I have seen but when he does it seems nerdy. (In a good way!) I see him as a quiet, very humble, hard working family man and an all around great guy!

Yooper, HBT is a pretty cool place with many characters. I'm often either laughing out loud uncontrollably, have even had a few tears streaming down at times, been in awe of the DIY projects, find comfort in,and happy to be a small part of this great HBT site.

Many great people onboard here. I'm sure we all have different favorites. I could spend many more hours writing about all the wonderful people I have encountered on here but need to hit the rack. Tomorrow morning always comes to quickly.

This thread could and hopefully will go one endlessly!

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #95
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2284 Times on 1539 Posts

Wait a minute, Yooper is an actual lady? I thought she was a brewing queen!

Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #96
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author & air gun shooter

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3706 Times on 3178 Posts

@69bronc-1 outta three ain't bad...that's all I'm sayin...
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #97
IXVolt

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Southern Oregon
Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts

I picture Cheesy has horns.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #98
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

uniondr isnt so much a man as he is an assortment of brewing ingredients.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

TyTanium Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #99
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

I need to know whether Creamy is a native or a transplant before I can form my pre-conceived notions of him.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #100
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

HEHE! I'm a lifelong New Yorker but grew up between Middletown and Newburgh. I've been living here for 10 years.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!