Homebrewtalk.com "personalities" - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7720 Times on 5423 Posts

Recently, somebody on this forum told me that were surprised at seeing me in person, as they believed from the forum that I was a bearded guy, and heavy set, and they thought my name was "Joe". After laughing about it, we pieced together that my avatar sometimes is Red Green, and I posted Joe Mattioli's "Joe's Ancient Orange Mead", so he thought I was Joe.

Anyway, I was thinking it would be fun to give our impressions of some our HBT imaginary friends, but remembering to be nice!

I've actually met about 100-150 of you in person, so that doesn't count!

I'll go first.

CreamyGoodness is a quiet guy, wears glasses, and is on the thin side.

How close am I? Maybe he'll say.

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 09-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
j1laskey
Recipes 

May 2010
Boston
Liked 207 Times on 165 Posts

I picture RevVy to look like the cover of TOOL's first album "Opiate"....I mean that in the nicest way possible, every time I see a post by him, my mind thinks of that cover???

neosapien Likes This 
Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #3
The_Dog_42
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Austin, Tx
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts

Yuri is a machinist in build and general personality.

A muscular guy with broad shoulders. Takes pride in everything he does and has very defined lines about what is appropriate and what is not. There is no gray area. But having said that, as long as you know where the lines are, the conversation flows and you may even pique his interest if you talk about stuff you build. Oh and no facial hair.
My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber

Old 09-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #4
Brewskii
Recipes 

May 2011
Williamsburg, Va
Liked 127 Times on 68 Posts

How can you do this and be nice? Prejudice is prejudice... When I have opinions of the type of person HBTer's are, I'm usually in Archie Bunker mode. I think the vast majority of us are great, common minded people but, if you ask me what my minds eye sees , I don't think I can tell you without stepping on toes.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
jeepinjeepin
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Liked 1046 Times on 1025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskii
How can you do this and be nice? Prejudice is prejudice... When I have opinions of the type of person HBTer's are, I'm usually in Archie Bunker mode. I think the vast majority of us are great, common minded people but, if you ask me what my minds eye sees , I don't think I can tell you without stepping on toes.
This is drunken ramblings, don't say anything too stupid but tell the drunken truth.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #6
j1laskey
Recipes 

May 2010
Boston
Liked 207 Times on 165 Posts

Well I am great, common minded, and do not have a receding hair line. Picture me as Tom Brady like

brewmcq Likes This 
Old 09-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #7
Brewskii
Recipes 

May 2011
Williamsburg, Va
Liked 127 Times on 68 Posts

Ok,

I think Revy is around/ sl past retirement age and never leaves his computer... The only reason you don't hear more from him is because he gets so upset that people start threads that have already been started that he can't bring himself to actually post for a little while.

How'd I do?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
, Maryland, The Tax Me State
Liked 527 Times on 400 Posts

Beer Geeks.....every friggin one of youse.

davekippen Likes This 
Old 09-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #9

But Yooper's name is Joe . . . I'm so confused . . .

Lets see, I think PassedPawn is pseudonym of Wil Wheaton

neosapien Likes This 
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
NuclearRich
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Hamden, CT
Liked 118 Times on 100 Posts

I never picture anyone as a woman. Usually bearded overweight white dudes, single, and severely type A. I also think a lot of these guys also have secondary fermentors in their basement, and just pretend they never even thought of using them on a brew after a week in a primary. Sometimes I also picture their garages just jam packed with junk. Place of residence is somewhere not urban, but not quite rural and kind of on the crappy side. Maybe moms house even.

Dont even ask what I think when I'm not being nice......
Aging - 2015 "lambic", barleywine, wild cider, applejack