This video is on Whole Food's website - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > This video is on Whole Food's website

Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #21
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2012
Elgin, ND
Liked 336 Times on 323 Posts

Ergonomically arched chair.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2011
Overland Park, KS
Liked 127 Times on 100 Posts

I was at the local WF's yesterday. No HB stuff at their store here, but it is in KS. Maybe if they opened one on the MO side (KC area) there would be some. Either way I like WF for the most part and am glad to live close to one.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2336 Times on 2245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZymurgist
BTW, what's EACs?
HahahahHa you're on your own for this one. Search. After a couple of years, with any luck, you'll find it

Dont worry about revvy. He gets work up sometimes! i think we all agree that anything that promotes homebrewing is good for all of us.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #24
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Keller, Texas
Liked 254 Times on 196 Posts

Northern Brewer is also putting out one gallon kits.

One gallon will produce 10-11 bottles. I usually get 10 and a half so the half goes straight down my gullet. I have never used one of those brooklyn kits. I use my AG stove top set up and those five liter wine jugs as fermenters. Not the most efficient way to brew but great for experimental batches and recipe design.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #25
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

My only problem with the video was the opening where they said beer is the oldest beverage ever made by man. That and the actual hipsterishness, yes I just made that word up, of the video itself but not the content too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Liked 84 Times on 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
My only problem with the video was the opening where they said beer is the oldest beverage ever made by man. That and the actual hipsterishness, yes I just made that word up, of the video itself but not the content too much.
It's arguable, but there is some good evidence out there that says beer is second only to mead as the oldest FERMENTED beverage.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #27
weirdboy
Recipes 

May 2009
Los Angeles
Liked 488 Times on 394 Posts

I wish the whole foods around here sold homebrew supplies. I was impressed with the selection of stuff in the Santa Rosa one. Obviously there are homebrew shops, and I like them and use them, but I like having more alternatives.

I have brewed plenty of small batches...I did 3/4 gallon batches (basically a 6 pack) several times for highly experimental stuff, and it is certainly more convenient in a lot of ways. The only hard part IMO is that getting the hopping rates correct for such a small batch can be rather tricky and difficult to control. It's better to use low-alpha hops for bittering and leave the high alpha stuff for aroma & flavor.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #28
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas View Post
It's arguable, but there is some good evidence out there that says beer is second only to mead as the oldest FERMENTED beverage.
Exactly, it isn't the oldest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 09-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #29
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas View Post

And some scholars argue that Beer IS older than mead....

Rather than quibbling, I think it's fair to say that beer is among the oldest fermented beverages around..

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
rhamilton
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Austin, Texas
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

You all are just jealous that his SWMBO actually helps with the brews. But you shouldn't trust someone who brews with a tie on.......

Also, video needs more 'Instagram' filters.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

People Like This