HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - This is it - Final Weekend to Enter!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Final Weekend!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First All Grain brew session!

Old 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Eliterunner1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default First All Grain brew session!

Last night I completed my first attempt at an all grain with my dads help (he's been doing all grain for years).

I can see why a lot of brewers end up progressing to this stage of brewing because I found it to be much more involved!

We did a pretty low gravity Northern Brewer Pro Series Kit, Surly Bitter Brewer, which is their spring seasonal bitter using English malts and American Glacier and Warrior hops.

I don't quite know how to relay all of the details of the brew session (efficiency, etc.) but I can say that we did a single mash infusion and batch sparged twice and the OG came out right on the money at 1.040.

It was a really fun brew and I'm just lucky to have my old man not far from my college so that we can share a pretty decent all grain setup.

Fuel the addiction! We get started on the kegerator today