Chimay blue ferment temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chimay supposedly pitches it around mid 60s and raises it up to about 82 F over a few days.

Chimay supposedly pitches it around mid 60s and raises it up to about 82 F over a few days.

The ambient temp to 82 or the wort temp? I brewed some about 4 months ago and it fermented at what my house was, around 76 / 78 ambient. Yeah, it probably fermented really hot... After ruining a few stouts from off flavors of high fermentation I have a freezer setup now. Curious how the Chimay is going to taste though.

Let us know how it turns out. I got some going right now. Probably won't drink it for another 6 months.

Did this with my Chimay Blue over 3 years ago. Came out awesome. Had one a few months ago. I think I still have two 22oz bottles left. I got to go searching, I have a habit of hiding beer from myself. :tank:

Did this with my Chimay Blue over 3 years ago. Came out awesome. Had one a few months ago. I think I still have two 22oz bottles left. I got to go searching, I have a habit of hiding beer from myself. :tank:

My schedule was:

Brewed 11-1 with an OG of 1.086

11-4 temp - 63.7 gravity - 1.052

11-5 temp - 67.5 gravity - 1.042

11-7 temp - 72.7 gravity - 1.02

11-9 temp - 78.1 gravity - 1.018

I'm going to check it later tonight for gravity but I think it's close to done. The temp. will be the same.

Back