Brewers best kit belgian triple - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brewers best kit belgian triple

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts



Well I brewed this the other week. thinking about 3 weeks ago (notes are at home).

Heres the link of the ingredients http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/1...ian_Tripel.pdf

My question being hpw long shall i keep in primary then secondary? Also how long shoul i keep in bottles? Thanks for the input fellas!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Anyone? Anyone?

Well i planned on racking in secondary at week 3 leave there for 2 or 3 weeks. Then have bottled for 4 weeks or so. My plan sound good?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
jtd_419
 
jtd_419's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Pomeroy, Washington
Posts: 837
Liked 120 Times on 89 Posts


I have a tripel that i plan on brewing in a week or two... planning four weeks each in primary secondary and bottle carbing for four weeks plus four weeks cold conditioning before i crack the first

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,731
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts


You can bottle when the Fg has been stable for at least a few days and the beer is clear. There isn't any rule of thumb for using a clearing vessel ("secondary") so you can keep it there from 0 days to 6 months if you choose to use one. If you're leaving it in the primary for three weeks, I don't see the advantage to a clearing vessel.

It'll age in the bottle as well as it'll age in the carboy. I'd bottle when it's clear, and then let it age.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
You can bottle when the Fg has been stable for at least a few days and the beer is clear. There isn't any rule of thumb for using a clearing vessel ("secondary") so you can keep it there from 0 days to 6 months if you choose to use one. If you're leaving it in the primary for three weeks, I don't see the advantage to a clearing vessel.

It'll age in the bottle as well as it'll age in the carboy. I'd bottle when it's clear, and then let it age.
Thanks, and BTW i seen your extract dead guy ale, i plan on doing this when my basement reaches 3 or 4 dagrees lower in temp.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,731
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer View Post
Thanks, and BTW i seen your extract dead guy ale, i plan on doing this when my basement reaches 3 or 4 dagrees lower in temp.
It's a good beer- I hope you like it as much as we do in our house. Let me know what you think when it's finished!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper

It's a good beer- I hope you like it as much as we do in our house. Let me know what you think when it's finished!
I dont see any grains to steep is that right? Nevermind wrong thread.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Well i just took a FG reading reading 1.031 at 65 dagrees on a calibrated 60 dagrees hydrometer. Its been in primary for 20 days. I ran it threw daves dreaded calc. Everything seems fine but I think im still a bit high on FG. FG fpr this kit calls 1.017-1.020. But Like I said its at 65 dagrees at 1.031. I should wait 2 or so days to see if I can get a drop right?

Also as yooper said that I can age in bottles, what would be a estimated time for a bottle condition? Thanks all. Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,731
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer View Post
Well i just took a FG reading reading 1.031 at 65 dagrees on a calibrated 60 dagrees hydrometer. Its been in primary for 20 days. I ran it threw daves dreaded calc. Everything seems fine but I think im still a bit high on FG. FG fpr this kit calls 1.017-1.020. But Like I said its at 65 dagrees at 1.031. I should wait 2 or so days to see if I can get a drop right?

Also as yooper said that I can age in bottles, what would be a estimated time for a bottle condition? Thanks all. Cheers!
That's WAY too high to bottle!

I'm not sure why it's stuck, but I'd pick up the fermenter, swirl it around, and bring it up to 70 degrees.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper

That's WAY too high to bottle!

I'm not sure why it's stuck, but I'd pick up the fermenter, swirl it around, and bring it up to 70 degrees.
Thanks fpr the input yooper, I am aware of the high FG for a scary bottle bomb. I can bring my primary upstars to a warmer climate for a few days..??? Im at 65 dagrees on my basement floor. I range anywere from 67 at night to 74 during the day. I am not running my air so this is all on mother nature at the moment. Living in midwest close to chicago.

I brought it upstairs its 72 there right now (at the moment) gave it a good shake for about 30 sec or so. Airlock started moving again. (I know not to judge by airlock)

Is the flux between 67 to 72 or 74 dagrees to much for hopefully a few days till the FG goes down?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump