Milwaukee cider mills? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Milwaukee cider mills?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
lucas-3
Recipes 

Jul 2012
oak creek, wi
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What do they charge per gallon and per 5gal carboy?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
m_stodd
Recipes 

Sep 2012
milwaukee, WI
Liked 56 Times on 38 Posts

When I bought frozen half gallons, it was $4/half gallon. It's close, but not quite a full half a gallon, so I'd say $8.5/gallon if buying frozen. Not sure if they'd make a deal for fresh.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
Quaker
Beer Missionary
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Burlington, WI
Liked 105 Times on 80 Posts

Revisiting this now that I'm stateside again. Jon - Has Weston remained your go to place since then? I'm assuming they're a good month or two away from pressing yet. Most of the cider varieties are late harvest. As far as you know, do they still will cater to the carboy crowd?

I have 10 traditional cider trees just starting to produce, but nothing worth pressing yet. I successfully cloned 6 of those (of 9 attempted) this spring applying what I learned in Weston's grafting class a few years back. Between those and the perry pear trees planted this year, I'm in danger of cursing the amount of fruit to deal with in a few years, but I'm willing to risk that.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:58 AM   #14
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2983 Times on 1729 Posts

Sure has. The place is great, not just for the cider but the apples too.