STC-1000 from Amazon - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > STC-1000 from Amazon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
mjohnson
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
New Jersey
Posts: 580
Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts



Has anyone purchased the STC-1000 from the amazon seller? I'm concerned that its the 220 one and not the 110v one.

http://www.amazon.com/All-purpose-Te...ywords=stc1000



 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Deric
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Deric's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Marysville, WA
Posts: 129
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts


The product description clearly states 220v.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Daver77
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Teaneck, NJ
Posts: 575
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts


This one in 110V
http://www.amazon.com/Elitech-All-Pu...words=stc-1000

I just ordered it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
mjohnson
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
New Jersey
Posts: 580
Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts


Awesome, thanks Daver77!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
raysmithtx
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 504
Liked 110 Times on 72 Posts


This one is $6 cheaper and is the 110VAC model. I ordered it last week and received it yesterday.
http://www.amazon.com/All-purpose-Te...words=stc-1000

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
barhoc11
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 416
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by raysmithtx View Post
This one is $6 cheaper and is the 110VAC model. I ordered it last week and received it yesterday.
http://www.amazon.com/All-purpose-Te...words=stc-1000
Its the same price after $6.95 shipping....

Why don't you guys get it on ebay, I just bought one for $21.59 with free shipping.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OC:US:3160

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
porcupine73
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Posts: 813
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts


Yes there was a cat that had the stc-1000 for 19.95 shipped out of China. I got mine in about 10 days so I ordered a second one, except the price went up to 21.95 by then ... perhaps the US currency value eroding ...

I wonder why Amazon doesn't stock and ship them themselves, it seems like a plenty popular item.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
barhoc11
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 416
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
Yes there was a cat that had the stc-1000 for 19.95 shipped out of China. I got mine in about 10 days so I ordered a second one, except the price went up to 21.95 by then ... perhaps the US currency value eroding ...

I wonder why Amazon doesn't stock and ship them themselves, it seems like a plenty popular item.
Be aware that a lot of sellers on Amazon are shipping from China as well. Just because they are on Amazon doesn't mean they are in the US. Just an FYI, even though most of those that ship from China have a crazy turnaround time if you think about how far they are shipping them.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
mjohnson
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
New Jersey
Posts: 580
Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoc11 View Post
Its the same price after $6.95 shipping....

Why don't you guys get it on ebay, I just bought one for $21.59 with free shipping.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OC:US:3160
Mainly because I get amazon gift cards occasionally.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #10
Caucasian
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Perkasie, Pa
Posts: 143
Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts


How does this unit work? Do you just wire the power supply to it or do you have to go through the thermostat?



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no output from STC-1000 twd000 Fermenters 20 06-16-2014 08:13 PM
stc-1000 problem? hamburgeler Fermenters 4 08-28-2012 10:56 PM
calibrating stc 1000 sorefingers23 Fermenters 3 08-10-2012 08:24 AM
Amazon Supply - for all our DIY needs mistercameron Brew Stands 12 04-24-2012 06:48 AM
Stc 1000 . . . . ? Esmitee Fermenters 12 02-02-2012 12:31 AM


Forum Jump